In need of help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

In need of help

Post by KyleHepp »

In light of my corrupt file/missing files/error message problems, Dan at Thermwood assisted me today.
First, we performed a \"repair\" off the install CD, then after that failed to remedy, I uninstalled, shut down and then installed from scratch.

I still have the same issues going on PLUS, now when I go to design a cabinet/assembly, there is no library available to choose from. none, not even the standard directory! I can access everything from batch or from room, where my libraries from the original install still exist, but none of my room layouts will open to wit \"unable to open eCabinets file data\" error message appears.

Guys, I desperately need to have ecabs running tonight! If anyone here can help, please contact me.

I literally can't open any of my original layouts, and am afraid to try to create new \"duplicates\" since the program was behaving erratically before the reinstall.

I had printed each layout, in case something like this happened, and can redesign everything from scratch quickly enough, if I have to... I'm wondering if I need to remove eCabinets again, completely strip every backup and every file associated with ecabs and try to reinstall again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Kyle,

Have you installed the latest build. I would suggest downloading it again and installing it once more. I would hope this would eliminate the \"unable to open eCabinets file data\" error message.

This may have an effect on the directories also. In any event you can locate using the windows explorer the cabinet files and copy and paste them back into the directory.

I sure hope this helps.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Kyle,
I think Michael may be on to something. You won't be able to open a file saved in Build 3 with any other builds.
Maybe it was a problem with the build 3 update.

Kerry
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

That was an error on my behalf.
In fact, unless the install wizard prompted the upgrade upon the original initial install, I was running on the basic version all along.

MANY MANY thanks to Bill Rutherford, Northwoods Manufacturing, for walking me through this on the phone tonight.

It really is ALL of you guys that make this system a very real community, and one which I am fortunate to be a part of.