problem with settings/prefs define material.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

problem with settings/prefs define material.

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi Everybody,
I'm trying to get a material added to my sheet stock list for 3/4\" melamine in settings/prefs. I've been rebuilding a kitchen and going thru changing the materials to actual thicknesses. Noticed that some of the parts that I was changing to the new material was still 3/4\". Went back to settings/ preferences and looked at the Melamine I just created and the thickness was still 3/4\" not the .761\" that was recommended to me from Forrest in another post. Tried to create yet another .761\" material and the thickness reverts to 3/4\". Any ideas? Is this a bug? Have closed out and re-opened the program. Got the same results.

Regards,
Tim
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Tim,

For ultimate accuracy get used to working in decimals. Its actually easier to figure with anyway. I went into settings and switched to fractions and then into materials and all my .765 material was 3/4\". I changed to .761 and updated and saw the material change to 3/4\". Change your settings to inches and decimals and all will be well.

Forrest
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Forest,
That was spot on. Thanks heaps.
Back to it!

Tim
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Tim,
You must be in inches and decimals for the material thickness entry to stick, and working in decimals is definetly the most accurate way. BUT, if you must, you can switch to inches and fractions for LDE shop drawings or anything else for that matter, I have printed out some line drawings in decimals only to get confused looks from installers!You can go back and forth and it will stick, but ONLY if it was entered in decimals,while in the decimal setting to start with.
hth
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com