Always Something New to Learn

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

James Melvin

Always Something New to Learn

Post by James Melvin »

It never ceases to amaze me. I get stuck in one way of doing things and then discover another way to use this wonderful program even more efficiently.

I do a lot of custom built-ins; very fussy, lots of cabinet depth variation, varied height, scribes, etc. I was building each cabinet and trying to arrange then in room view. So many layers, so many lines, so much confusion with getting each cabinet to perfectly line up in three dimensions with every thing else in Custom Layout. Then I finally resorted to creating large assemblies of cabinets in the CE. What a difference! I can really see and tweak everything perfectly easily. Some of my \"cabinets\" are actually assemblies of three or four cabinets(subassemblies) plus quite a few display panels and display boards. It is so much easier to align everything in the CE, create a large assembly and then only have one or two Assemblies to install in Room View.

Hope this helps somebody.

Jim Melvin
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Thats one of the great things about eCabinets - Just when you think you get cornered, there's another way to skin the cat and get the results you want.

Its doesn't always work out, but then the Thermwood team responds in a very timely manner, in terms of software that is.

It ain't perfect, but its veeeeery good, and only getting better...
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

You got that right Mitch! It's simply mind over matter. Thousands of minds inputting for the sake of the program, ALL hands on people too! Other design programs just don't matter. :wink: