Ecab speed

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jon Reichert

Post by Jon Reichert »

I've always thought about that - giving up on tech to go live in the woods...but then where would i plug in my mac? Aw look how CUTE it is!
http://www.apple.com/macmini/
Attachments
design_dimensions20060228.jpg
design_dimensions20060228.jpg (4.04 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

John,

In comparing the PC to MAC. what is the system configuration of the PC compaired to the MAC?

processor speed, memory, graphics card, etc. of each. You say the MAC is faster. How much faster.

You may be compairing apples to berries. I'd like to know what you are compairing.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

Apple has done some great work recently. This topic came up before and I will now restate what should be the obvious to any sensible business person with a new better informed opinion on MAC.

Thermwood does not support the running of Ecab on a MAC. If Ritter sold you a boring machine and said don't bother calling me tomorrow-or ever if anything gives you trouble you'd tell them to get lost. If you are using this software as a large component in your business software arsenal then buy a very good PC PERIOD. (until they support MAC )

The day they decide to support MAC I will buy one. They are superior in almost every way. They will take back a very large part of the home computer market with their new machines and especially their new sales/marketing strategies. BUY LOTS OF APPLE STOCK and sadly look up how much you have made on your crappy PC while you wait for Ecab to render another dovetail drawer.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Joe,

I agree with you, to purchase after the MAC support.

My question is has anyone actually made a Apple to PC comparison and timed each event? Such as rendering in final view, or dovetail drawer boxes.

Thanks
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650