Technical difficulty - program becomes unresponsive

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jolanda Slagmolen

Technical difficulty - program becomes unresponsive

Post by Jolanda Slagmolen »

Help! I recently obtained e-cabinets, and after spending countless hours learning to use the program, I have just finished designing my first kitchen with it. Now suddenly, when I try to save changes, the program stalls, and when I open my Windows Task Manager, it says the program is not responding. I just downloaded the update from the website yesterday - not sure if that has anything to do with it. I can make some changes and save them, but it seems to be when I make changes to the countertop and then try to save that the problem occurs. Please help!

Jolanda Slagmolen
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jolanda,
Take a look at This Thread It may answer your question.
Kerry
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

Jolanda I can feel your pain. I have not tried the work around they suggested and if you do please let me know if it was successful or not. I have just placed the tops, and did a print screen, cropped them, then deleted the tops and saved the cabinet layout. Called it good at that. Good luck with ecabinets.
JLM
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Jerry,
Sorry for your problems with e-cabs. I must tell you though that so far today I have layed out 5 baths and 1 kitchen, sent them all to the router and have no doubt I will cut them out with no or very little problem. I also lay out and cut 1 kitchen and various other projects for my shop every 7-10 days, along with 6-8 cutting customer jobs per month. Yes, e-cabs can be hard to learn, and yes there are some problems, but that is the price of progress. No one is forced to learn or use e-cabs, there are a ton of others available, some very expensive and powerful, with there own set of problems, there are also some very inexpensive programs that are virtually bug free, of course they severly limit what you can do, virtualy a drag and drop picture program. Depends on what your needs are and what your bussiness plan is.
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Kirt F. Bowman

Not responding

Post by Kirt F. Bowman »

Hi Jolanda
We have the same problem with kitchens with a lot of drawers, if the program says it is not reponding in task manager it is lying to you. If you check your processor activity in task manager you will notice that something is chugging away. Just let it finish even though there is no status indicator that tells you the program is working or not. You will find a lack of staus in other areas of the program as well. There is also no autosave feature so each time you put a cabinet in a room save the job. This kicks you out of detail room feature (why I don't know) and always returns you to the 3d room view which you then have to go back to detail room for the next cabinet. This takes time but when the program hangs on you at least you will have current save.

my 2 cents