initial software installation

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ben Massey

initial software installation

Post by Ben Massey »

I was at a woodworker show a few months ago and went to the thermowood booth. I signed up to get a copy of the ecabinest software. When I recieved it I tried to install it, and couldn't. I was told by a IT professional that it was an update and not the actual software. I was told that I would be receiving the software. It that true, and if so how to I install the software to make it work on my computer.

thanks
All in for His Glory,
Sir Benjamin Massey
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Ben Massey,

Welcome to the forum.

If you recieved a cd from Thermwood, and it was a e_cabinets system cd then it is the program itself. You should be able to place it in the cd player and it should boot automaticlaly. I don't believe an update cd was sent out at any time.

You will need an internet connection to complete the instalation, and then download the build from the updates section here. http://downloads.thermwood.com/eCabinet ... Build3.exe

I don't think your IT person has enough knowledge about this software.

If you have any problems with installation ring back in and we will be glad to help.

Thanks
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Perry Pravettone
Company Name: Unemployed Manager

Re: initial software installation

Post by Perry Pravettone »

Ben Massey wrote:I was at a woodworker show a few months ago and went to the thermowood booth. I signed up to get a copy of the ecabinest software. When I recieved it I tried to install it, and couldn't. I was told by a IT professional that it was an update and not the actual software. I was told that I would be receiving the software. It that true, and if so how to I install the software to make it work on my computer.

thanks
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the form. I did a search and came up with tread.

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... light=glue

I know theres a lot more on the subject but this one should help you.

As far as the cd it is the right disk all updates are done on line.

Good luck,
Perry Pravettone
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Ben,
All of the disks I receive from eCabinets are the \"Software Installation Disks\". If your computer only has 256mb of RAM or something like that , the software won't install.
What are the specs of the computer you are trying to install on and what kind of error messages do you get if any, when you try to install?

Kerry
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Ben,

Legitimate eCabinet Systems CD's are not distributed in any means other than direct mailing to you, with the exception of foreign countries where distribution is handled by Thermwood's local distributors.

As Kerry indicated, all legitimate eCabinet Systems CD's are full installation CD's. Software updates are delivered only via downloads from the Internet.

Activation codes for the software are delivered via email only, naturally separate from the disc.

If you want help from forum members, you need to provide your computer specs and any error messages you receive. Otherwise, you can call our support hotline at 877-880-4638, toll-free.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64