New/Old Bug

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Joe Stone

New/Old Bug

Post by Joe Stone »

I have experienced all operations being lost on decks and tops recently. The profile remains so if you are moving quickly you will not see it in the nest.

The Old/New part is due to how to produce the bug. The edgebanding editor seems the culprit AGAIN. The steps are:

Uppers only thus far( I think )
Mixed flush so the back would be trapped by sides and top and deck.
Full dado all around on the back ( 1/4\" ply )
the backs are inset 3/4\"
Edgebanding of any type on this box gives me my bug.

More if I ever get a chance to catch up with work that pays, like you know- producing product that is correct. For those of us doing cutting services these problems are magnified as we must help manage all of those who use our services. They do not all produce the same product. To those who would like to respond with some quip about the beauty of work arounds or whatever other spin you like I say spend a day or two in my shoes and you will change your mind quickly. The persistence of the same bugs in critical areas of the software have become tiresome. I am sure I will get roasted here for being frank. The only way these things will be resolved is by the outcry of the membership. I don't think \"the team\" has gotten the message about the real urgency to fix these problems. Do not be afraid to express these views as the real strength of the software depends on good feedback- not the same old blind following. I in no way intend to leave or have anything but great things to say about Thermwood, my machine, the staff I have dealt with, the program in general. I only enjoy the success we have found at PCC due to the support and training I recieved at Thermwood and will never forget it. That success has brought a flood of work and to produce it to my satisfaction without working 20 hour days regularly we need some solutions to help us all.

This is not a rant and should not be read with that type of tone, more of a call to stand up and be counted to those of you in agreement.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Joe,

I am not sure if I am following your step correctly here. Could you give me more info on reproducing this? It may save time and possibly wrong interpretation by giving me a phone call and walking though it together. I want to make sure that I am not missing anything here. If you would like to call, you can reach me at 1-800-533-6901 (ask for Scott)
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

I expect the lack of response to my original post is due to no one having any issues lately.

I am happy to report that my issues seem to be something embedded in MY version of Ecab ONLY. Scott Vaal and I walked through the error I refered to and I sent hime the cabinet to look at. His cabinet editor regenerated the cabinet and the OLD BUG was eliminated. I seem to have old issues that my system does not update that existed from previous versions. It has caused me a lot of grief the last few months because it has been random and hard to pin point. I have tried from time to time to sort these out with no luck in reproducing the problems, hence the staff could not understand what the heck I was talking about.

If you have had something bizzare like this going on with your system talk to the programmers and spend the time to get it resolved. I am sure that after a clean reinstall and regeneration of all my libraries things will get back to normal around here. Software can make your job effortless when things are working as they should, they can make it real grind when it's broken. I am sure that if I had posted these strange random unrepeatable issues I have had come and go someone would have put it together for me, that is what I get for not spending the time to participate here more.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com