eCab Dovetail Drawers

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

eCab Dovetail Drawers

Post by Chris Robinson »

I just wanted to pass on my feedback regarding the eCab dovetail drawerbox utility.

I just finished assembling a large batch of dovetail drawers that were processed on the cnc out of 5/8\" Russian Birch plywood with 1/4\" birch plywood bottoms.

The drawerbox was very easy to setup within ecabs and at the control. After cutting a couple of parts to fine tune the fit and crunch I ran the batch of drawers. Everything went very smoothly and without any hiccups.

Now for assembly. Fantastic! This has been the smoothest batch of dovetails that I have ever assembled! The fit and finish has been spot on and the finished drawers look great!

I know you guys at Thermwood hear alot of bitching from \"we, the users\". But I want you to know that you have developed a world class product, even with the little occasional bug.

Thanks for all of your work!

Chris Robinson
Nemanja Vujkovic

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

We did a lot of drowera. Solid wood, melamine, birch,...
and we never had problems, so i would agree with you on the drowers part.
Joe Stone

Post by Joe Stone »

The drawers are a great product. I have seen them growing in popularity with our customers very rapidly. This was the best of the new features added recently for the program. It is always trial and error to make new things work well. This one balances the other experiments that I do not yet see as being so viable a product. The other I would put in here as well is the change material thickness button just prior to writing the .twd. It is soon to be fixed again an is a great addition that goes unnoticed for those without machines.
Joe Stone

Precision Concept Cutting
http://www.pccmich.com