circular/drum cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John Powell

circular/drum cabinets

Post by John Powell »

hi from down under everyone.
I have been asked to design a kitchen with cabinetry to curve(concave) around a bay window, with a circular/drum style cabinet attatched to one end. I dont have a problem making this in my workshop but would love to be able to show this type of cabinetry on ecabs. I usually make the curved doors from laminated flexi ply which is then veneered.The cabinets are sometimes faceframed :roll: and sometimes with overlay doors.I would be very greatful for some guidence as to how to do this in ecabs,
Thanks John.
Nearly is not enough
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

With Some difficulty John! You are going to have to assemble this one out of edited display panels and cubes I am afraid as there is no curved cabinet ability in eCabs yet.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Something like this? It can't be done.

Joe
Attachments
curvedFront1.jpg
curvedFront1.jpg (126.74 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Michael Rice

Post by Michael Rice »

Hey John
Here are a couple pics of a curved front cabinet I started but never finished because the client decided they didn't want to pay for the curved work. This was to be a sales counter. As stated, it can be done, but you'll have to do a lot of part editor work, and use a lot of display cubes especially if you're using curved face frames. I started with a standard cabinet to get my layout of shelves and partitions, then took each part of the cabinet, deck, top, partitions, shelves to the part editor and cut the radius. It will take some time, but you definitely can do it. I never could get the grain direction right on the front. It always came out skewed after i made my cut.

Mike
Attachments
RPC Tennis center1.jpg
RPC Tennis center1.jpg (45.76 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
Rpc Tennis center2.jpg
Rpc Tennis center2.jpg (51.97 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
It's what you do, with what you got !
John Powell

curved cabs reply

Post by John Powell »

Thanks for the advice i will give it a go. I have also had the grain direction problem with curved panels before.
John.
Nearly is not enough