Program Files

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Kimmi

Program Files

Post by Gene Kimmi »

I have taken some photos of some of the new laminates Wilson Art has and want to add them into E-cabinets. Can I go into E-cabinets program files and add them into a new folder in the materials file?

Also, if the above will work, can I add new folders in the door files for new species of wood that aren't there now, such as Alder?
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Gene,

You cannot add a folder to the directory. However you can add images to the folders by going through \"settings and prefference, define stock materials, then click on the select image button and look at the bottom where it says add image. This is a single image way to put images in that folder. But if you want to add batch images, then use windows explorer, copy and paste the images into the folder of your choice.

I for one would love to have a few more user defined options in the software such as a directory for doors we make inhouse for example. Presently there are only Conestoga, MDF Slab and Thermwood. I want to put my own lable on one of the directories there.

Hope this helps.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Michael,

I was able to add a folder in the materials folder. I saved an image of a laminate into a new folder that I called Deep Star Wilson Art.

I tried to add a folder in the door directory but you're right, it won't work. I would like to add other species of wood into one of the other door directories. Kind of a pain having to texture match all the doors on a job to get them to look like knotty alder. I even saved a knotty alder image into the hard maple door images but that doesn't work either.

The main thing I would like to see on the doors is being able to add mid rails and styles.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Gene,

You can use a paint program you are familiar with or you can use Irfanview, to alter the images that are there in the materials folder, such as the Hard Maple.jpg. Then you can change the appearance by doing a batch door and drawer change. But the image needs to keep the same name and size. In other words add a color to the folder, and rename it the same as one of the color samples you do not need. And this will give you what you are looking for.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650