Preferred sinkbase design?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Davis

Preferred sinkbase design?

Post by Gene Davis »

I hate to gobble up bandwidth here, but I don't see another forum for asking this question.

I just got the eCabs software, and am working my way up the learning curve. I have been a heavy user of Sketchup to design cab installations up to now.

The attached pic shows a possible assembly for a sinkbase. We always just fix the dummy drawerfronts in place, and don't do anything fancy like tipouts.

What other ways should we be considering? What minimum stretchers and partition widths will work with blind tenon detailing?
Attachments
MortiseTenonCabinetCarcaseSinkbase.jpg
MortiseTenonCabinetCarcaseSinkbase.jpg (143.35 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi Gene, after building hundreds of sink bases, this is what I have come up with, I also do not use the tip outs, dont like them. I do install a nice removable door tray on one door and a towel rack on the other as standard, other options available for upgrade.
Hope this helps
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

wrong jpg above.....sorry
Mike Murray
Mike Snodgrass

Post by Mike Snodgrass »

what type of towel rod are you using?
mikesand

Post by mikesand »

Since you question is more of a \"how should I build my cabinet question\" you might want to post on the Cabinetmaker forum. These are all pros and give good advise.

Since you are asking for opinions I think that your design is over complicated. M&T joint on all those stretchers will not make the cabinet more durable and it will add a LOT of work in the shop. Even if you are going to CNC the job the flip operations and the increased dificulty in assembly will slow things down.

Mike
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

mike sand,
Are you reffering to the sink base I posted?If so, it was designed with the router in mind, there are NO flip ops in it, and it can be assembled with your eyes closed...in a couple minutes or less.
Plus the fact that it installs perfectly and the installer does not have to cut it to shreds to get the sink in, a huge plus for us as we fabricate and install90% of our own tops.
Mike Murray
mikesand

Post by mikesand »

I'm sorry now I see that they use blind dado joinery.

Mike