getting started with eCab software

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John Flowers

getting started with eCab software

Post by John Flowers »

I've loaded the program and looked around for a few hours. I'm trying to read the \"eCabs made easy\" and \"manual\" from the eCabs website but having difficulty getting a simple project (setting 1 or 2 cabinets in a room) done. How do most people learn the software? Do I need to take a training course? Is there a tutorial? I'd like to know how others began learning the program..
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

John,

Welcome to eCabinet Systems!

I was in your shoes just two months ago. How I did it:

1. Dedicated 10 hours to the program one day

2. Dedicated 8 hours to the program the next day

The easiest way to get familiar with the program is to use an existing cabinet - these are found in the Standard Cabinets folder. Load it, and play around with the buttons, change dimensions, etc. It is fun!

Steps:

1. At the main eCabs screen, select Develop Cabinets or Assemblies
2. Click on the Standard Cabinets folder
3. Select the Std. Base Framed cabinet and click OK' - the cabinet should load at this point
4. On the left-hand edge, change the cabinet width to 40\" and press the <ENTER> key - Voilà, the cabinet is now 40 inches wide!

I am preparing a short *.wmv format movie to illustrate the beginning steps.

Enjoy!

Al
Michael Rice

Post by Michael Rice »

Hey John
Dan Epps has written a good beginners guide. You should be able to find it in the archives, or search under all posts by Dan Epps. If you have the time to take a class, they're great. But by all means, don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and experince here to help you.

Mike
It's what you do, with what you got !
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Here you go, John. Just a quick demo on HOW to edit your first cabinet, in the simplest way possible. When saving your cabinet, type in a folder name into which you wish to save the cabinet- THIS folder will be created WITHIN the eCabinet Systems folder; THEN type in the name you wish to assign to this first cabinet.

That is it - NOW you are under way. Please come back if you need additional help.

------ Al

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Now we are ready to add the 40-inch cabinet we saved earlier to the room, which we will create. Please follow the link, and let us know if you need additional help.

Enjoy!

------- Al

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Michael Rice wrote:Hey John
Dan Epps has written a good beginners guide. You should be able to find it in the archives, or search under all posts by Dan Epps. If you have the time to take a class, they're great. But by all means, don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and experince here to help you.

Mike
Here is a link to that post:

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... ight=guide
mikesand

Post by mikesand »

If you are intending to use Ecabinets as a tool in your business, the course will be worth its weight in gold.

Because the software is provided to us at no cost, new users often treat it differently than if they dropped 2 to 3 thousand on a comparable package. If you bought a full version of Cabinet vision with the CNC package (over 5 grand I believe) you would sign up for the first class availible and would not think twice about dropping $2,000 on a suitable computer. Ecabinets is just as powerfull and is just as difficult to learn.

I tried to use it for two weeks and after wasting at least 100 hours with no usable results I signed up for a class and didn't use Ecabs until then. Imeadiately after the class I was able to use Ecabs in my business to my benifit. Now my business revolves around the Ecabinet systems coopertave.

Mike