Nesting is different when processed on the CNC

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Matt Beaty

Nesting is different when processed on the CNC

Post by Matt Beaty »

I am running into a problem with the nesting at my office computer being different when nested on the CNC. This has been a problem for me for over a year. Does anyone have a solution?
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Your nesting diferences are due to the machine control having tool parameters and clearances that are not in the software. You can get it close by changing the collar setting in ecabs nesting.
Matt Beaty

Post by Matt Beaty »

Dear Mr. Chapman,
I appologize for the misplacement of my question in the inappropriate forum. However, I currently own a 150,000.00 paperweight due to the inability to continue production on the CNC. So again I am sorry if the placement of the message was in the incorrect area. I'm just trying to get back to work.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Its not a problem Matt and I'm sure its a frustrating time if your having issues. I was only implying that you may get a quicker responce if posting in the appropriate forum, thats all. If you need to talk to someone 1 on 1 please feel free to call me.

864-226-5256
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Post by Chris Robinson »

Matt,

I understand completely when you need that machine running and it's not, regardless of reason! How is the difference between eCab nest results and actual control nest results keeping your machine from running? I'm not trying to be a smartass. Just trying to understand your situation.

If I need to know exactly what the nest is going to be, I run rolling nest on the control. This is the only way to get a truly accurate view, plus if you are using offalls, it's hard to account for that within eCabs.

Chris Robinson
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

In eCabinets, please check the following;
1. Make sure your \"collar\" value in the nesting section matches what you have at the machine.
2. Make sure your nest direction in the nesting section matches the machine.
3. Make sure your outline tool diameter matches what you have set at the machine. This can be found in eCabs under Edit>Settings/Preferences>Define Standard Dimensions. Look for \"True Shape Nesting Cutter Diameter\" towards the bottom and change if necessary.
4. Make sure \"True Shape\" is checked within the nesting section of eCabs.
5. Make sure you have the latest version of Control Nesting...which can be found HERE

If these are set correctly and you are still having problems, then please call our free Programming Support Dept. for additional help @ (800) 533-6901...ask for eCab support or myself.