Getting Started

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Richard Sause

Getting Started

Post by Richard Sause »

Does anyone out there have a step by step process for getting a design started. I have had other much simpler programs in the past. The capabilities look great but for and old pencil and paper guy like me a tutorial or at least a simple outline would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Lee Morris

Post by Lee Morris »

Richard
Welcome aboard!
Check out eCabinets Made Easy from the left side of this page http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/. It should get you going in the right direction. Be patient, it will take some time to be proficient, but once you are you can design almost anything with eCabinets. If you have specific questions, post them here and some of the very talented users will be able to help.
Lee
If the only tool you have is a hammer,
every problem looks like a nail.
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Richard,

Welcome to the forum!

You might want to look at this thread, and see if it gets you going in some easy way. Just stick with it, come back and ask questions, and you will get help quickly.

In the same thread mentioned above you will also find Dan Epps' nice tutorial that you can download. This is a SUPERB resource; I suggest that you read it, download the *pdf file, and stick with it. You will find his tutorial at http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... ight=guide .

I found that the best way for me to truly get going was to spend at least one to two days totally dedicated to the program, and THEN attend either the 5-day course or, as I ended up doing, take the 3-day seminar near my home.

Al
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Richard Sause,

Have you got your materials set up yet? If not then you have quite a few things you will need to do before you go into the design. However, for generic learning you can use the Standard cabinets for placement in a room this will get you familuar with the detail area.

The first thing you really should do is to develope your shop materials. This would include edgebanding, board stock, sheet goods, as well as countertops materials. Material thickness is a major concern to using e_cabinet systems (or any other sortware I'm sure). For example 3/4\" import (in my area) is actually 23/32\". This is the thickness that should be entered.

Next make your own directory, with your own cabinets set to your parameters and material you set up for them. You do this from the cabinet editor. Change all the parameters you need for that cabinet to be made exactly the way you want it. Don't forget to set your hardware too. Then save that cabinet using a diferent directory other that \"standard cabinets\". (In my opinion) This is an area that needs a little more flexability. But none the less it is the way it is. Next bring in another type of cabinet into the editor and change that one as well.

One good thing about the cabinet editor is, you can bring in multiple cabinets, modify each one (by double clicking each cabinet individualy) and saving them into a directory.

The learning guides will help. Like this forum we are always here to help you.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650