Upper Cab Mounting Heights

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jarrod Z Murphree

Upper Cab Mounting Heights

Postby Jarrod Z Murphree » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 9:47PM

All apologies if this has been asked before... I just couldn't go through all 87+ pages of old posts.

When I add upper cabs in Detail Room they end up on the floor. I've gone to Settings/Preferences and changed the default mounting height 10+ times and they still all end up on the floor. If I try to move them around they won't go past certain obstacles (other cabs/appliances/etc...).

I'm sure it's something I am doing incorrectly. I plan on taking the class in Sep or Oct, but I need to do what I can now as I am currently trying to submit some designs/bids.

Thanks,
JM

Gene Kimmi

Postby Gene Kimmi » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 10:43PM

When you select your upper cabinet, a change size button should appear at the bottom of the dialogue box. Click this and you can change the height, depth, width or the mounting height of upper cabinets. Hope this helps.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Postby Rick Palechuk » Tue, Aug 28 2007, 11:33PM

Welcome to the forum Jarrod. Are you building assemblies in the CE? If so then they will always be brought into the room on the floor. To deal with that in detail Rm. show wall elevation, hilite the assembly then right click and select move increment. Then set the height you want the bottom of the assembly to be, then while holding the shift key press the up arrow once. HTH

Jarrod Z Murphree

Postby Jarrod Z Murphree » Wed, Aug 29 2007, 1:22AM

Thanks Gents, that did it!!

Gene Davis

Postby Gene Davis » Wed, Aug 29 2007, 10:53AM

Wall cabs as assemblies?

That struck me as odd, until I thought about it.

Given how obtuse the software is when bringing in things such as display panels, moldings, etc., then farting around with the move and increment tools to place things, I thought . . . .

Wow! Wouldn't it be easier to do ganged-up runs of cabs, complete with endwall fillers, light rails, crown moldings, etc., all as assemblies, then pop the whole assemby into a room?

In doing assemblies, you have the (what I call) indexing tool, which allows siamese-twin joinups node-to-node. This is sadly missing when bringing stuff into a room.

So, yeah! Do this stuff as assemblies, then pop the assemblies into the rooms! Problem solved!

Now, if I could only figure out how to bring an ass'y into a room. I don't see it on the menus anywhere.

What's up?

Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Postby Joe Soto » Wed, Aug 29 2007, 11:55AM

Gene, save your assembly, then in the detail room area, select an item to install, item, then assemblies, it should be in the directory you saved it under.
Joe

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Postby Rick Palechuk » Wed, Aug 29 2007, 2:33PM

Yes I agree, the alignment tool in the detail Rm. would be nice.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”