Cannot Edit Cabinet after Changing Sheet stock

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Perry

Cannot Edit Cabinet after Changing Sheet stock

Post by Rob Perry »

After changing sheet stock from 3/4 prefinished birch to 5/8 maple print Melamine I am no longer able to edit this cabinet. I noticed after changing sheet stock the doors & D/F are no longer aligned properly. Also the Partition and the right side adj shelf is the wrong size. If I try to delete the right adj shelf it crashes ecabinets. Cabinet file attached.
Rob
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Rob Perry,

I have had this issue many times and now to this day I still don't change my sheet stock. Except; I believe I was able to edit the cabinet.

I had made mention of this but it needs to be brought up again.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Rob

I will take a look at your file and let you know what I find out.

Thank You
Justin
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Rob

What build are you in?

Thanks
walker
Justin Melhiser

Rob

Do you have this cabinet with the 3/4\" prefinished Birch on it that you can send to me. I would like to have your cabinet with your 3/4\" material on it, so I can follow the same steps you take. The cabinet I have is the one with the 5/8\" material on it. If you could email me the cabinet to cabinets@thermwood.com or post it on here, that would be a big help.

Thank You
Justin
Justin Melhiser

Rob

Our programmers have figured this issue out. It has to do with changing the material in the batch, this causes the partitions and shelves to not resize. This will be fixed for a future release. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 1-877-880-4638 ext. 227

Thank You
Justin
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

I am Using 5.1 Build 4

Thanks for looking into this. I'll attach a cabinet file ( Before changing sheet stock ) anyway.
Rob
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Rob,

I'd suggest always saving the file under a new name when making major changes like this. That way you can back up and if you incounter a problem like this its easier for the programers to find it.

Forrest
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Post by Chris Robinson »

Is this also affecting the ability to modify the edgebanding? I was trying to hurry yesterday and did a batch change for sheetgoods and now can't modify the edgebanding.

In this case, I batch changed the sheetgoods and then brought a cabinet into the editor to modify the edgebanding and got the error that there wasn't enough data to modify this cabinet. Same error for every cabinet. I didn't save after batch changing the materials. So, I closed ecabs and rebooted the pc. Still won't allow me to modify the edgebanding.

Chris
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Chris

Could you attach the job so we can take a look at it?
Thanks
Walker
Rob Perry

Re:

Post by Rob Perry »

Chris Robinson wrote:Is this also affecting the ability to modify the edgebanding? I was trying to hurry yesterday and did a batch change for sheetgoods and now can't modify the edgebanding.

In this case, I batch changed the sheetgoods and then brought a cabinet into the editor to modify the edgebanding and got the error that there wasn't enough data to modify this cabinet. Same error for every cabinet. I didn't save after batch changing the materials. So, I closed ecabs and rebooted the pc. Still won't allow me to modify the edgebanding.

Chris
The edgebanding is an area that I have not dug into as of yet. Its on my list of things to figure out.. However I'm sure it problaby was affected by the sheet goods change. I'm now realizing it can cause numerous issues.
Rob
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Post by Chris Robinson »

Walker, here it is.

Chris
Attachments
Kitchen3_Jonas.zip
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 281 times