Can't see board stock

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Yep, that or an email to cabinets@thermwood.com still the best way.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I guess it wont hurt to post it here and there.

I know the program bug report in the feed back area does work but I like to use the forum because we get to see the feedback. I have only seen feedback maybe twice from the software.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Michael Yeargain wrote:...I know the program bug report in the feed back area does work but I like to use the forum because we get to see the feedback. I have only seen feedback maybe twice from the software.
That is a VERY good point, Mike!

===============================================

Suggestion for Jason to consider adding a bug/feedback sub-forum:

Jason,

Would it be possible to add a bug / bug resolution / feedback / work-around sub-forum, so that users can keep track of the various problems and issues as they come up?

Once a fix is found or defined for a particular problem, the relevant thread could be locked, and no one would be able to add, delete, or modify anything within that specific thread.

===============================================

I know that something like this came up not too long ago, and it was discussed in some length - several people suggested creating a list of bugs and known fixes or work-around.

But it might be better to have a Bugs & Fixes sub-forum, where ONLY the bugs are posted, along with users' and Thermwood's fixes and workaround techniques. Then we would have a great resource that everyone can use as reference - heck, it might even become THE first stop for users as we experience problems or other issues.

Please let us know if this is feasible. Thanks!

Al
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Personally I would also rather have a bug reporting forum. I like being able to see which bugs have been reported and if there is a work around for them. That's one of the things I really like about the beta test forum. I would rather not go through the effort of documenting a bug that has already been reported.

Joe
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

I like the idea of a bug report forum as well, but...what would end up in it?

Just look now at the various forums with threads totally unrelated to the purpose of the forum because users don't understand the purpose of a particular forum. A good example is the Design Sharing forum. There are numerous threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the Design Sharing PROGRAM.

Another problem is the subject of threads. Many threads have a subject that makes it immpossible to tell what the thread is really about. For example, subjects like \"What the ...\" or \"What causes this\" give no clue to the content of the post.

This is not meant to be mean-spirited at all...its just the way it is.

For what its worth, here is my suggestion:

1. Create read-only forums for bug reports/resolutions (one for eCabinets, one for CNC, one for CNC software like Control Nesting).

2. Only Thermwood employees can post in the forums.

3. Develop a standard format for each post so they can easily be read...something like \"Issue:_____ Software version:_____ Date reported:______ Date resolved:_______ Description:______ Resolution:______ Work around:_______\"...you get the idea.

4. As each bug report is received by Thermwood, the employee assigned to work on it posts the bug in the appropriate forum.

5. When the issue has been resolved, the Thermwood employee that resolves the issue posts the resolution to the thread.

This would prevent the forum from becoming cluttered with general questions about eCabinets or CNC, etc and would allow users to search for existing issues and resolutions.

This would work essentially like a trouble ticket tracking system but in a purely informational sense for users. Additionally it would allow users to track the progress of bugs they have reported.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Great idea, I like the Thermwood team posting idea because sometimes we don't really know what to say other than this @#$#%% and #$$%^ that. Sometimes it can be a little demeaning.

I still think there needs to be an input link of some sort to that forum that allows users to address the issues by their experience, or possible solutions, or even work arounds.

Nonetheless, I think this is a great idea even without the user input.

My main objective is to have us keep up to date on the issues. Along with work arounds.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Michael Yeargain wrote:...My main objective is to have us keep up to date on the issues. Along with work arounds.
Most definitely!!!
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I agree with Joe, then if a member is having issues they can go directly there to report or find a workaround.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I disagree with the \"read only\" forum. I can picture reporting a \"bug\" only to have another member point out that it is a \"feature\". I think it's also good that when you report a bug many times another helpful member will chime in with either a corroboration of the bug, or further details on recreating it. As I mentioned, this is also a good place to post work-arounds.

Once the Thermwood team checks out a report they could then lock the thread as they do on the Beta Forum.

We can also have suggestions on a bug reporting format, including the title block.

Joe
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Peter

This issue has been fixed for 5.2

Thanks
Walker
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Walker,
Thanks for the feedback.
It's always nice to know you guys are on it.
regards,