equalizing spaces in the partition editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jon Reichert

equalizing spaces in the partition editor

Postby Jon Reichert » Thu, Sep 13 2007, 10:39PM

I have been trying to equalize spaces between 4 partitions in a cabinet. I've done it before easy but cannot now. The help manual says to put in partitions then select all the spaces with ctrl and left click, and then hit equalize. My problem is that I can't select more than one space. If I hold down the ctrl key and click the left mouse button to select another space nothing happens. I have upgraded to the most recent version of ecabs and now it seems i am having this problem (only in the shelf/ partition editor so far). My ctrl key works fine everywhere else. WHAT am i possibly doing wrong here? Argh!

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Postby Michael Yeargain » Fri, Sep 14 2007, 5:54AM

Jon Reichert,

Sounds like a framed cabinet issue that has been around for a while. Is this a framed cabinet?

Sometimes, this can be resolved by removing the face frame and reapplying it.

It is as simple as you mentioned. And, that is the way. CTRL and left mouse click on each openning.

Try removing the face frames and put them back on.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650

Justin Melhiser

Postby Justin Melhiser » Fri, Sep 14 2007, 7:35AM

Jon

When in the shelf/partition editor, click in each space and look at the width box to the left. Check each one and see if they are the same width or not. Maybe they are already equal, and that might be why you do not see them move. If they are not then post or email me your files.

Thank You
Justin

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Fri, Sep 14 2007, 7:57AM

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, not a framed cab - see if i can attach a screen grab of what I'm working on
Attachments
11111.jpg
11111.jpg (104.37 KiB) Viewed 10932 times

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Fri, Sep 14 2007, 8:17AM

Just tried again with a different seed cabinet - (a frameless upper cab) and I added the 4 partitions and tried to select the spaces - but it will not work...I'm really stumped here.

Justin Melhiser

Postby Justin Melhiser » Fri, Sep 14 2007, 8:55AM

Jon
Post your cabinet and I will take a look at it.

Thank You
Justin

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Al Navas » Mon, Sep 17 2007, 4:26PM

Jon Reichert wrote:Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, not a framed cab - see if i can attach a screen grab of what I'm working on
Jon,

What is running behind the eCabs screen? Is it a screen capture program? If not, I wonder if you might have something interfering with the program.

Are you running on Vista?

Al
Attachments
Jon Reichert 11111_249.jpg
Jon Reichert 11111_249.jpg (206.43 KiB) Viewed 10873 times

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Postby DanEpps » Mon, Sep 17 2007, 5:36PM

XP Pro Al, take a look at the top right corner of the image (not that I've ever missed seeing anything like that :wink: ).

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Postby Al Navas » Mon, Sep 17 2007, 5:42PM

DanEpps wrote:XP Pro Al, take a look at the top right corner of the image (not that I've ever missed seeing anything like that :wink: ).
Ahh, hmmfff, uhhh, ohhh... Duh!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Dan! I was concentrating so much on the rest of the image that I totally missed this somewhat important item :lol: .

Jon,

PLEASE ignore my post totally. Thanks!

Al

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Postby Michael Yeargain » Mon, Sep 17 2007, 9:38PM

Jon,

Are you using a wireless mouse? Batteries. Take a look at the mouse settings. I'm sure you are doing the right things. But, sometimes it's the simple things that get in the way.

Go to the mouse settings and check the double click speed there. It could be in the mouse settings... :?:

Just to double check... you are using the \"CRTL\" and left mouse button right?
Last edited by Michael Yeargain on Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:46AM, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Mon, Sep 17 2007, 9:45PM

still having problems with that spacing stuff - can't seem to figure it out - I have been equalizing things manually but it's a pain. I will post my file now thanks for the help! Hope you can open these

Jon Reichert
jon@boxdesigns.com
Attachments
problem2.hsf
(244.02 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
problem2.jpg
problem2.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 10890 times

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Postby Rick Palechuk » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 12:38AM

I worked for me. In the partition editor hold the Ctrl key then select all the spaces you want to equalize, click on the equalize button and it should work.

DanEpps
Wizard Member

Postby DanEpps » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 5:37AM

Jon

I know in your initial post you said you were holding CTRL while clicking the openings, but try this: if you normally use the left CTRL key, use the right CTRL key. Sometimes a keyboard will develop \"dead\" keys over time.

Jon Reichert

Postby Jon Reichert » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:24PM

I don't know - maybe i have to reinstall ecabs or something - for some reason this ctrl key isn't working here. I have tried reinstalling the key board and going through the help manual - tested the left and right ctrl keys - checked for a good wireless signal - checked the mouse signal -...all i can say is that the ctrl key functions properly everywhere except ecabs! Weird. And apparently, the file is fine since Rick said it worked ok. Hmmm. I have recently come across other moments when the ctrl key seems to work sporadically - like in the line drawing area. I noticed the other day that i can't do ctrl z to back up a step all the time. Tested ctrl p and that brought up the print dialog no problem. Ctrl S (save) works fine and ctrl A (all select). Weird weird weird. Any other thoughts?

DanEpps
Wizard Member

Postby DanEpps » Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:34PM

So, you are using a wireless keyboard and mouse? If so, try the wired variety if you have them. This will help rule out the wireless keyboard and mouse (and their associated drivers). I have had lots of intermittent problems related to wireless keyboards and mice. Now I use only the wired varieties.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”