Installing Software?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Umann

Installing Software?

Post by Mike Umann »

I just installed the software for the first time. When I try launch the program, it tells me there is a new update available and downloads it. I try again to enter the program and it keeps telling me there is a new update, it keeps making me reinstall, reinstall. I called tech support who told me to go to theie website and download the update from there and install it. I did just that and am still fighting the need to update screen. I then tried to uninstall and clean my registry. I then tried again. Same thing! I just don't get it! PLease advise.
Mike :cry:
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Mike Umann,

What is your computer specs. Are you running Vista?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Mike
When you downloaded the update did you run it from the web or once it was downloaded did you close everything out and then double click the update file on your computer?

Thank You
Justin
Mike Umann

Re:

Post by Mike Umann »

Michael Yeargain wrote:Mike Umann,

What is your computer specs. Are you running Vista?
I am running Windows XP w/ Service pack 2. Intel Duo Core 2 Exterme 3.2 with 4 Gigs of Ram and Raid 0 Harddive system.
Mike Umann

Re:

Post by Mike Umann »

Justin Melhiser wrote:Mike
When you downloaded the update did you run it from the web or once it was downloaded did you close everything out and then double click the update file on your computer?

Thank You
Justin
I Downloaded it to My Documents and Closed everything. It first uninstalls the version I have and Stops. Then I double click the Update again and it shows it installs again. Then again when I try to lauch the program, it's continues to tell me to download the new update.
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Mike

if you right click on the update file and look at the properties, what does the file size say?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

One thing I noticed with the last update is that the first time you run eCabinets after installing the update, it displays the update available message. I cancelled the update message, restarted eCabinets and haven't seen it since.
Mike Umann

Re:

Post by Mike Umann »

Justin Melhiser wrote:Mike

if you right click on the update file and look at the properties, what does the file size say?
I have tried everything you all have suggested. Nothing works. :cry:

I have attached the info that is displayed when I right click on the update file.

Please Help.
Attachments
update.gif
update.gif (37.03 KiB) Viewed 7002 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Mike Umann,

You have a powerhouse computer according to the specs you gave.

I will suggest putting the V5x disk back into the CD and try a repair. This sounds like the update didn't get registered in the system. Do you see the update in the \"About e_cabinet systems\" popup window?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You might want to download the update again and save it with a different name. The file I have is a different size than what you have. I just downloaded it again to be sure it was still the same size as mine and it was.
Attachments
update.jpg
update.jpg (43.02 KiB) Viewed 6978 times
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re:

Post by Al Navas »

Mike Umann wrote:...I am running Windows XP w/ Service pack 2. Intel Duo Core 2 Exterme 3.2 with 4 Gigs of Ram and Raid 0 Harddive system.
I am not a hardware guy or a software guy, but I must ask: Is THAT a 32-bit, or is it a 64-bit WinXP, SP2?

It could be that the Exterme 3.2 is causing problems, and you should get the Extreme 3.2 instead... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al
Attachments
Confirming file size
Confirming file size
Size of Build 4.jpg (112.32 KiB) Viewed 6970 times