New to ecabinet systems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Patrick Russell

New to ecabinet systems

Post by Patrick Russell »

I'm very intrigue w/ the use of technology in making cabinet. I currently work for a cabinet shop that is old school w/ which I have nothing wrong w/ the system of making cabinets. But I some day would to go off on my own and create my own business w/ the use of using ecabinet systems and cnc technology as my system in creating cabinets.
I'm wondering if I'm simplifing things to much, but my understanding is if I design a kitchen using the software, send the file ta production shareing shop, they ship the parts back, I assemble and apply finish and install the cabinets. Could some tell if this is possible or am I living in a fancy world.

Thank you,
Patrick
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: New to eCabinet systems

Post by Al Navas »

Patrick Russell wrote:I'm very intrigue w/ the use of technology in making cabinet. I currently work for a cabinet shop that is old school w/ which I have nothing wrong w/ the system of making cabinets. But I some day would to go off on my own and create my own business w/ the use of using eCabinet Systems and CNC technology as my system in creating cabinets...
THAT would be pretty cool, Patrick! I hope that one day soon you WILL have such a shop.

Welcome to the forum! You will find THE best help with the eCabinet Systems program right here.

Patrick Russell wrote:..I'm wondering if I'm simplifying things to much, but my understanding is if I design a kitchen using the software, send the file to a production sharing shop, they ship the parts back, I assemble and apply finish and install the cabinets. Could some tell if this is possible or am I living in a fancy world...
You could make ANY arrangement(s) with the Production Sharing shop.

THAT is exactly what Production Sharing IS all about, Patrick! If you go to the eCabinet Systems page, then click on the Production Sharing tab along the left-hand side, you will see the program described in detail.

See you around on the forum. I am eagerly learning the program, a bit at a time, and every day 8) .

Al
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Patrick Russell,

You are not living in a fancy \"fantasy\" world. This system is in fact a reality, right now.

e_cabinet Systems has had this built in from the start. You CAN literally design a cabinet set, send the file to a member with a Thermwood, and receive the shipment pre-cut (with extreme precision) at your shop. Some shops can include the edgebanding for frameless as well.

And then, yes all there is to do is: assemble, finish, and install. You can have this software make all the hardware, door and drawer purchases (caution is advised) without the expense of office (non production) employees.

You are in a world where technology and compassion for the trade have merged. The two have eliminated many of the \"old school ways\" literally. The era in pencils and drafting tables are history.

Just don't throw away the pencils and pads yet you will still need to jot down the feild measurements. :wink:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Michael Yeargain wrote:...You are in a world where technology and compassion for the trade have merged. The two have eliminated many of the "old school ways" literally. The era in pencils and drafting tables are history...

WOW, Mike!

I have a good feeling - you should soon be writing the Ode to Cabinet Making, by Michael Yeargain. :lol: 8) Published 2007, Library of Congress... etc., etc.

Nicely put!

Al
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Thanks Al for the vote of confidence. I will definately need an editor because the mechanics of my writings aren't worth a @#$%^&*

I have the forum to thank for sharing their knowledge base on their experiences as well. So in the preface you will be sure to find the names of all the participants of this forum... :lol:

I like the way you think. BIG.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
David Norton
Guru Member
Company Name: Custom Trim and Millwork

Post by David Norton »

Ok, now I'll shove my 2 cents worth in..........hehehe!

I concur 100% with Micheal. This program allows a person to sub out any part of the production process, they need to. It's what what drew me to the software. I don't have the facilities to cut and assembly some of the work I do. So I sub it out.
Dave Norton
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Hi Patrick,

Welcome aboard.

Production sharing members have been providing machining services to shops of all sizes for about 5 years. I guess for cabinetmaking, that's pretty new, but for other industries; it would be a history lesson.

Production sharing is an amazing business tool and integral part of many business plans. Access to state of the art technology and the skilled personnel to operate it (on an as-needed basis) is a huge competitive edge over the capital and skilled labor-intensive models of the past.

We have a few customers that don't even have a shop. They outsource everything and assemble the job onsite. (Yes, this does limit the kind of work they do, but perhaps less than you might first think.)

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com