Angled corner cabinets. Why can't I add a mid stile?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Neal Reeves

Angled corner cabinets. Why can't I add a mid stile?

Post by Neal Reeves »

I have been trying to learn ecabinets for over 2 years now in my spare time. I have been to 2 training seminars yet I still am having problems. This is one of the issues I am faced with. When I can finally get the program to accept my gap distance in a corner base cabinet, I quickly find out that I cannot get it to build my cabinet the way I want it.

Distressed,

Neal Reeves
Neal Reeves
Country Cabinets, Inc.
Bonifay, FL
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey Neal, adding a mid stile to a corner cab cannot be done in the program right now, but there is a workaround for this. Build a standard faceframe cab with the faceframe the size that you need, then remove all parts from the cab except the faceframe. Bring your corner cab into the CE then apply the faceframe to it with the align feature and save as an assembly. Note, that when you bring the assembly into the room editor you will have to adjust the height in elevation view because assemblies are loaded at floor level. HTH
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

As discussed in the previous reply, the corner cabinet does not support mid-stiles, but does support mid-rails.

In addition to the previous method, you can insert a display board in place of the mid-stile. If you intend to install doors in the two openings, then you'll need to account for the overlays mathematicall, since the software will not recognize the mid-stile as dividing the cabinet space.