Partition help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Todd Anderson

Partition help

Post by Todd Anderson »

Greetings, everyone. I've been using Ecabinets off and on for a few years, but I'm fairly new to this forum. I've been impressed with the knowledge and expertise I've seen here so far, and I've already learned a lot.

This is my first post, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a partition/stretcher issue I can't seem to figure out by myself.

I've got a cabinet with a back stretcher running the length of the cabinet, as well as a middle partition. This may be a \"duh\" question, but I can't find a way to cut the top back corner of the partition out to accomodate the stretcher. I know I could use two stretchers and butt them up to each side of the partition to basically accomplish the same thing, but I'd like to keep it one piece for strength.

I've attached a picture that I hope will show what I'm talking about. Does anyone know how to make the program do this?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Todd
Attachments
part_help.jpg
part_help.jpg (114.32 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Todd,

Welcome to the forum!

You can take your partition to the part editor and cut out the notch.

Highlight the partition, click the part editor radio button (13th from left) then make your cut to remove material. See the learning guide about the part editor for more info.

Take care,

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Todd Anderson

Post by Todd Anderson »

Thanks, Dale! It did turn out to be a \"duh\" question. I hate to admit it, but I'd been playing with the part editor for quite a while before I posted the question.

As soon as I read your answer I had to laugh at myself. It worked like a charm. Time to take a break, I guess.

Thanks again!

Todd