Part Size Error between eCab twd & Rolling Nest

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Part Size Error between eCab twd & Rolling Nest

Post by Chris Robinson »

A local supplier asked us to cut some 6x6 samples of melamine for their sales people. I modified a cabinet to have a 6x6 shelf and put it in the batch for qty 130 and created the twd file.

This nested a grid of 105, 6x6 squares on one sheet.

Here's my observations:
1. Rolling nest didn't use a logical, methodical cut order. It jumped all over the table with no pattern, rhyme or reason.

2. The final part size wasn't 6x6. 78 parts were 5.86x5.86 and 27 parts were 5.86x5.93. There were no discernable patterns relating to where the 27 atypical parts were found.

I have gone back and remeasured our outline tool's diameter, and it is in fact .375\". I checked the calibration of our caliper and it was consistent with the standard.

The spoilboard is in like new condition and the wasteboard is new. Not one part moved on the table. and all are square, indicating that 27 didn't slip slightly on the table.

I'll attach the files for review.

Thanks,
Chris R
Attachments
Melsamp.esj
(138.02 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Chris Robinson »

Here's the twd file.
Chris
Attachments
MusserSamp.zip
(114.16 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Todd Miller

Re: Part Size Error between eCab twd & Rolling Nest

Post by Todd Miller »

Chris Robinson wrote:
I have gone back and remeasured our outline tool's diameter, and it is in fact .375". I checked the calibration of our caliper and it was consistent with the standard.
Did you check to make sure that was the value entered into your tool diameter within the tool table? And make sure that cutter is selected as your outline tool. I have looked through your code and all of the geometry is 6" long.

Send me the export information from your controller. This will give me a better idea of what may be going on. Thanks!

Send to program@thermwood.com
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Chris,
In your adjustable shelf constructions settings. You have a left and right inset of .0625. Change those values to 0.0\", and all of your parts should be the right size.
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Chris Robinson »

Todd,

That's the one thing I didn't look at. I was so sure (in my feeble mind) that I had selected a fixed shelf.

As for the unnecessary x/y traversing...there were alot of wasted time because the control sequenced a square here and there and not in a logical format relative to machine home.

Thanks,
Chris
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Chris,

Did you have selected (go to nearest part) or (smallest to largest) in the outline order. If all your parts are the same size I would try switching from one to the other. Make sure you have (all thru cuts last) checked or you might lose parts.

Forrest
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Chris Robinson »

Forrest,

I'll have to go back and double check to see which one is selected. I know for sure that all through cuts last is selected.

Thanks,
Chris