Software Suggestion - Parts Ordering/Client Sign-offs

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Philip Lengden

Software Suggestion - Parts Ordering/Client Sign-offs

Post by Philip Lengden »

I thought I would post this idea here for feedback.

At our shop we find it hard to follow our own advice sometimes. One example is having clients sign-off on hardware options and materials etc. (we seem to want to get the ball rolling early and often end up wasting time while pieces sit around waiting for decisions to be made). As a result we keep reminding ourselves that we should put together some decent paperwork for clients to sign-off on before we start ie. standard hardware option, finishes, materials and so on. But it struck me that if all of this is already in eCabinets, wouldn't it be nice if you could generate your own sales catalogue for clients based on the hardware options available through the cooperative? And since you can control your markup from within the program you would also be able to show your clients real world pricing on comparative products - soft close vs. self closing slides, handle A vs. Handle B etc.

It would be similar to the default hardware section that already exists, but would allow you to generate several defaults for a given category. This way clients can decide, sign-off and your free to start building. Any thoughts? Or am I just wasting time???

Phil
Philip Lengden
Lengden Gunn Furniture & Design
http://www.LengdenGunn.ca
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

This seams like an idea worth consideration.

If you don't mind me adding, that it would be nice if we could produce a \"catalog\" based on our own favorites file. Also a cabinet catalog that will show the aprox. cost for the cabnets. I truely love the idea of the software showing cost plus our markup. Most clients who see the cost while viewing the drawings and such, will expect to pay the prices they see. This has caused a few problems in the past with repeat customers I had.

Currently we can produce a printout of our cabinets from the right click> print command from the cabinet dialog. But it doesn't show the cost.

Good suggestion.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650