help making a 120\" by 48\" oval

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

davidklehn

help making a 120\" by 48\" oval

Post by davidklehn »

cant figure out how to cut it out please walk me through the steps,got to show to customer tommorrow.Thanks
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Here is a dxf of the oval you need. Save it, then in the cabinet editor load a sheet 121x 49,(you will have to define one if you don't have one set up) take it to the part editor then open the contour area the load the dxf, exit the contour area then right click and from the drop down choose \"create part from closed contour click on the dxf then click next there you have it. Its really easier done than said . If you need the dxf broke into a real sheet stock size let me know how you plan to size them.
Joe
Attachments
120 x 48 oval.zip
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
davidklehn

I figured out how to do it but

Post by davidklehn »

I got it while waiting for a reply but now i need to know how to cut out a section starting down the middle of the length stopping at 96\" then 24\" to the outside.

----------------------------------------
|
|
|
|

Like this
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

Here ya go
Attachments
120 x 48 2part oval.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
davidklehn

alright now I am really stupid

Post by davidklehn »

can you tell me how to download
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

Save the file to your desktop, right click it if you have a unzipper it should say something like extract to.... click that then choose where you want to save it . If you dont have one here is a trial version but there are plenty of free ones out there. http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10003164.html
Joe
davidklehn

Post by davidklehn »

but where do I download to It does show up in imports would it be easier to just tell me how to make the cuts,then i would know next time
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

Sure we can do that first load your 4x8 in the cab editor and take it to the part editor then the contour area. Are you with me so far?
davidklehn

Post by davidklehn »

with you so far but it is actually 4x10,counter is already made in real life i just was requested to cut it and build a base,but so far i am with you
davidklehn

Post by davidklehn »

what i have in editor is a sheet 4x 10 foot rounded on three corners
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

great from what I understand you want to cut it using a 4 x 8 and a 4 x 2
correct me if Im wrong, anyway the steps will be the same
Select the arc at the left top of the page and pick 3 piont arc, at the bottom center of the page in the blank type 0,0 enter then 48,60 enter then 0,120 enter. Back at the top choose the line tool then at the bottom type 0,0 enter 0,96 enter now a new line 0,96 enter 44,96 this is longer than you need but ok. Now choose the trim tool (it looks like a x) then two entities
davidklehn

Post by davidklehn »

what i got is a 4x10 and i want to cut a 2 x 8 piece off so it is kind of a L shape
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

now click on the top line then the arc, it should trim the extra off. Now click on the door icon to exit, right click and choose create part using closed contour then click on one of the lines. sometimes with arcs I get an error about it not being closed first try clicking the other lines a few times it should turn green if not go back to the trim tool and retrim all the intersections and try again. When it turns green click next. Then return.
Did it work for you?
davidklehn

Post by davidklehn »

I already had my radius cut i just need to know how to cut a rectangle out
Joe Soto
Guru Member

Post by Joe Soto »

Oh now I see :oops: I missed the little line drawing Take the part back to the part editor and click the rectangle and either enter the corner points or drag a rectangle over the area you want to get rid of. Now click the arrow at the top left and click on the rectangle it should turn orange right click then cut/pocket using geometric shapes then cut through. Then return.
Last edited by Joe Soto on Thu, Oct 25 2007, 11:47PM, edited 1 time in total.