Cabinet numbering logic

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Geo Noeth

Cabinet numbering logic

Post by Geo Noeth »

It appears that cabinet numbers are assigned when cabinets are added to the custom layout. It also appears that if a cabinet is deleted, the cab number is retained. As a result you can finish designing a 35 cabinet job and wind up with cabinet numbers that could go as high as 50 or more. Are these assumptions correct? If so is there any way to renumber cabinets to utilize those unused numbers and have the numbers go around the room logically?
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Currently the assumption is correct. This is not to say that we can't put this on the wish list. If it hasn't been added already.

(currently) You must redo the room from scratch; Placing the cabinets in the order you prefer, to get the numbers the way you want them.

I would like to see this added to the wish list. To be able to re number the cabinets. In doing so the LDE pages will need to be cleared. Unless it can update in real time. Of course just the re numbering would be fine for now.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

I figured that was the case, thanks Michael.

For wish list purposes, I would like to be able to move numbers around in the LDE, delete unused numbers, then maybe a renumber button that would reassign numbers the way they would be currently labeled. If you do not go to the LDE to reorder them then leave them as they are.