Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Hafele Hinge on eCab Member Store

Post by Duane Marrett »

Hi Denis,

I've entered the hinge you requested on the Member Store:

Please Click Here

As for adding USPS shipping to the site. I can easily add that shipping option to the site, the problem is that all of our vendors are set up to drop ship UPS only. So, to offer USPS shipping, we would first need to have the product shipped here, and then physically take it to the local post office and ship it ourselves. That would cause an extra step on our part, and an additional shipping cost on yours (which may be as much as the brokerage fees you currently pay with UPS).

I think the best solution is for us to try and get as many Canadian vendors as possible (which is difficult, but we are working on it). In the meantime, you can call Melanie to get an order shipped USPS, or just order it on the site for UPS shipping. Hopefully, with the value of the Canadian dollar so high right now, it can offset most of the brokerage fees when ordering from the US to Canada.
Last edited by Duane Marrett on Thu, Nov 08 2007, 4:37PM, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Thanks Duane...this is really appreciated. However, ordering through the store is even worst then via the software. Went from $122 US in the software to $154 US in the store. Not a good deal. As for the strong Canadian Dollar, it goes from $154 us to $176 Canadian.....that sounds to me like the Canadian dollar is not getting its fair share. Shipping cost went form $56 in the software to $103 in the store!!!!!!!!

Oh well, not biatching here just pointing this out and it shouldn't be. I might have to order via the software and call Melanie for USPS shipping. Or can those store prices reflect the software?

Cheers
Attachments
Thermwood Ordering 3.jpg
Thermwood Ordering 3.jpg (16.53 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Shipping Costs

Post by Duane Marrett »

Hi Denis,
The shipping prices in the software are on a fixed table, and the ones on the Member Store are live from UPS. Since the cost of fuel has gone up dramatically in the past month, it is reflected in the shipping charges from UPS. Also, every shipping charge on the store is based on the actual weight of the item which is sent to UPS and returned as their live rate.

The pricing in the software can also be out of date compared to the Member Store pricing. When our vendors give us pricing adjustments, we can make the changes instantaneously on the Member Store, but not in the software.

If the shipping amount looks too high to you, you probably will want to either order through the software or just give Melanie a call and place the order over the phone (or email - to shop@thermwood.com) and let her get you shipping amounts for shipping it USPS.
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Tx again Duane. I will drop here an Email at the same time as my order.

Cheers