Dual Boot Computer

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Grady Pinckard

Dual Boot Computer

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Has anyone tried using ecab software on a dual boot computer?
I had to purchase a new computer and naturally it came with Vista. I was surfing on the net the other day and found out that you can make a dual boot computer. The discussion was using \"XP\" software with Vista and all the problems that came up. I would appreciate any info or comments from some of you gurus.
Thanks
Grady
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Post by Francis Samson »

Hi Grady, i've got a friend of mine who did it with is machine, works nice except for the vista that he doesn't really like! :lol:

He's working with 20-20 design and told me that he had a few \"crashes\" with it!! Up to you to try. But, for me, Vista is too hungry with some soft!!!
I had Vista installed in my other HP and the results with Ecab were no good!
It seem to take way to much mem for it-self and slows down a lot the other soft, unless your machine is well equiped!
The machine i'm working with now has XP with Core2 duo Xtreme with a Asus Maximus motherboard and 4g of RAM, works like a Ferrari but still!!!
Never fast enought!

Here is a link for your curiosity:
http://apcmag.com/5023/dual_booting_xp_with_vista

Give us some feed back if you try it!

Francis
Grady Pinckard

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Thank you Francis for the info and the hyperlink. I new this would'nt be as simple and work as well as I was informed on the other forum. There was a lightning strike and it took out both my desktop and my laptop. I was in a bind and had to purchase what I could find.
I was hopeing that this dual boot would work to run e-cab software but I don't think I will risk it.
Thanks again
Grady