corner dovetail drawers...?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

corner dovetail drawers...?

Post by Mark Hesketh »

is there a way to create dovetail drawers for a corner unit (inside corner), where the drawers pull-out 45 degrees to the cabinets on either side of it?
So basically it would end up being a 5-sided drawer, with 2 fronts which extend back into the drawer box? I know it won't be possible to create a dovetail joint where the fronts hit the sides on a 45 degree angle, but I would like to be able to create the rest of the drawer box if possible. I don't want to cut all the bottoms seperately to get the front cut in them, and I don't really want to cut the fronts seperately either... kinda hoping there is a way to set it up easier.

Have I been even slightly clear with what I am asking?
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Mark,
I understand what you are saying. But Ecabs does not support this type of drawer box construction at this time. This request is on the list, but the list is long. Thanks for your input!

If you open up a corner cabinet and try to add a drawer box, the software will tell you that ecabs does not support the action. You can add drawer boxes to angle front corner cabs, but not the corner front corner cabs.
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Thanks Todd

I ended up entering a dovetail drawer without a front, then creating a second drawer with just a side and back(which they can use as the 2 front pieces). The guys in Specials Dept will just have to cut some miters and pin them together... and cut the bottom to fit. Shouldn't be a big problem for them. I guess they'll just have to learn that I do have SOME limitations 8)
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Mark,
Just tell them they are the best of the best and thats why they get to do all the special custom stuff!!
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Mark,
Just tell them they are the best of the best and thats why they get to do all the special custom stuff!!
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Michael S Murray wrote:Hey Mark,
Yeah...my parents tried to tell me that the bus I rode to school was "special" because it was so short. :joker: I eventually figured it out though. :shock:
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

So there were cars back then hey Dan. :joker:
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Yeah...but we had to hitch them up to a horse or mule :lol: