Reindeer

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

yeah Joe, THEY do...not me though. Those fish are minnows though compared to some I saw on a TV show about noodling.

I knew some guys who did that in Barren River Lake but they were a little smarter. They would find the fish and stick a bamboo pole with a huge treble hook on it into the hole, snatch the fish and pull him out.

They still had all their fingers. :lol:
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

By the way, I was going to appologize to Damon for the threadjacking but I saw he is in Arkansas so he knows about noodling too. :wink:

Mark...you have a good looking son, but does he help in the shop? Mine is 17 and when I utter that 4-letter word that ends in \"k\" (work, you dirty minded bunch), he quickly disappears. I tell him maybe he can get a job in a Vegas magic show with his disappearing act. :roll:
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Maybe our two can work out an act together.... :P

Joey is \"interested\" sometimes...but most of the time he would rather be at home. He did just turn 15 and is beginning to drive, that seemed to be about the time his big brother decided work wasn't all that bad!

Which btw - my oldest, Joshua graduates from Winthrop University next saturday (just one semester beyond 4 years - whew!) and he is coming back to the island to work with Ginny and I. We couldn't be more excited about that!

Mark
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Congrats to Joshua!!! That is a big milestone for anyone. Its great that he is going to work with you. It seems that every generation is less willing to follow in their parents trade, no matter what it is.

Tyler doesn't mind working, just not anything I want to call work. :lol:

He works at the country club next-door, ferrying golf carts to the players. The course is closed on Mondays and the staff gets to play then so he loves it. That saves a $100,000 initiation fee and $15,000 per year in dues. I told him to forget about playing there if he goes to work somewhere else though. :lol:
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Sounds like the perfect job for a 17 year old...gotta love what you do!

We've always encouraged our kids to explore all avenues...I spent 15 years working with my father - but I spent almost 10 years on my own first before I recognized how I could compliment my dad.

I've always felt it was important for our kids to \"want\" to work with us- not feel obligated to. So I feel really fortunate that Josh has chosen to - my guess is he'll be the only one of the three.

Mark
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

My daughter and two step sons decided to get a job and not save any money. Although I paid all their expences to live school, food, clothing, dental, gas etc. All the while they blew their money. I finally had to kick them all out. :shock:

Yea yea tell me I'm cold.

This boat has one captain and he ain't letting anyone on board that doesn't pull their own weight. Maybe I didn't do it right but it's the way I do things here. :wink:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650