Image node questions (I think)

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

JoeyLowe

Image node questions (I think)

Post by JoeyLowe »

Good Saturday morning! I'm working on a bath assembly vanity for a client and I have questions regarding imported images. In a nutshell, I went to the Kohler site found the sink I needed, imported the sink into Autocad and converted the file to an stl. I took the stl file and imported it into the DPE in eCabinets where I gave it the texture I needed and saved it as an hsf file in my sample_hsf directory. I then saved the jpeg image from the Kohler site into the same directory. When I load the image, it loads as I want it to look like and it is sized correctly. I can even place it where I want it on my assembly.

However, when I take the assembley to the LDE, I can only dimension the cabinets. I can't dimension the sink since there are no nodes (pun) for me to click on. What did I do wrong? Thanks for your assistance.
J. Alexander Lowe & Sons, Inc.
104 Davis Street, Gilmer, Texas 75644-1821
(903)680-2297 Cell: (903) 445-9350
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Joey,

Can you take any other stl into the LDE and click on nodes?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
JoeyLowe

Post by JoeyLowe »

Don't know what happened here. I'm working on a bath vanity assembly and couldn't click on any nodes to dimension the sink, then all of a sudden it started working. Dunno what caused it to start working.

Another question? Is there a good tutorial on putting an edge profile on a part in the part editor? This is kind of confusing.
J. Alexander Lowe & Sons, Inc.
104 Davis Street, Gilmer, Texas 75644-1821
(903)680-2297 Cell: (903) 445-9350
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Here is an excerpt from the Help Manual You can also search \"profile\" in the help manual or e_cabinets made easy from the help tab at the top of the system.

Profile Along a Contour Path on a Cabinet Part

Start in the Cabinet/Assembly Editor main workspace with a cabinet loaded

Note, you must have created and saved a profile tool before you can perform this function. This also works with a Display Panel or Display Cube. Note, changes made in the Cabinet Editor are lost when the cabinet is regenerated (when re-sized, for example) so should be the last thing done on a design.

- Press Esc to remove all highlights

- Left Click on the part to highlight it

- Press - OR – Right Click and select Areas – Part Editor

- From the edge labels (Front, Left, Right, etc.) determine that the profile is being generated on the correct surface

o If not, go to and select the other view

- In the Contour Mode create the path for the profile and exit the Contour Mode

- Press from the toolbar

- Make a selection

o Single – profile a single edge

o Partial – profile two or more connecting edges but not the entire perimeter

o Chain – profile the entire perimeter of the part

- Select the entity to start cutting (note, for CNC, select near the corner where you want machining to begin)

- For Partial select the last entity to be profiled

- Press

- Select the profile tool and press ( the area under the horizontal line represents the part to be cut)

- Enter the diameter of the tool (this is the shank diameter between the profile cutting edges of the tool)

- Select the type of tool radius compensation to use

o No Comp / Center-line – the center-line of the tool moves along the contour

o Comp Left – the tool shifts to the left by the radius of the tool as viewed behind the tool moving away from you

o Comp Right – the tool shifts to the right toward the part by the radius of the tool as viewed behind the tool moving away from you

- Input any additional left or right offsets and press

- Input the plunge depth and press (note, zero is the top of the part, negative distances plunge into the part, positive distances raise above the part)

- Press (the part can be rotated and viewed by pressing , press to restore normal view)

- Press to take the part back to the cabinet

- Press to keep the changes

Hope this helps
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650