Hardware hole association

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Hardware hole association

Post by Damon Nabors »

Is it safe to say that if you are going to associate hardware holes that they have to be done in the DOOR/DRAWER EDITOR and can not be added when adding a drawer box in the DRAWER BOX EDITOR.
If you can associate a hole pattern within the drawer box editor, would someone kindly explain how!

Thanks,
Damon
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Hardware hole association

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Damon Nabors wrote:Is it safe to say that if you are going to associate hardware holes that they have to be done in the DOOR/DRAWER EDITOR and can not be added when adding a drawer box in the DRAWER BOX EDITOR.
If you can associate a hole pattern within the drawer box editor, would someone kindly explain how!

Thanks,
Damon
It can be done in either one. You just have to pick your hardware and assosiate a hole pattern to it.
Attachments
DBEHole.JPG
DBEHole.JPG (77.09 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Wally, I saw the message you posted, but the way I interpreted it was \"do you want to CHANGE the association pattern.\" I clicked no because I did not want to change the pattern, and nothing happened. I guess I should click yes?????????

Damon
Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Post by Terry Davis »

If your adding drawers from the drawer box editor select your drawer box, select your hardware, associate the hardware, select no to new pattern (unless you have your own pattern select yes) then select the set as default drawer box button. Do not select set as default drawer unless your adding drawer boxes automatically with the drawer heads. Then go back to the drawer box editor and add your drawer box.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Terry, that worked out. I just have never played around with the hardware hole editor because w/o a router it just didn't make sense to spend the time playing with it, but now I can see the light :idea: .

Thanks,
Damon
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Just for those who don't know, you really need to check the hole patterns that you are planning on using with the CNC. Many of these hole patterns need work. For instance, there are a number of items with hole depths set to about 1mm instead of something like 13mm. If you use Tandem slides you might want to get rid of about 30 of the extra holes.

I have personally gone through most of my hole patterns and fixed them. I also arranged mine in directories by function (hinge, slide,RTA) with sub-directories of manufacturer, then manufacturers type (like Tandem, Metabox, etc.). It makes it easier for me to find and access things.

Joe
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Joe Dusel wrote:Just for those who don't know, you really need to check the hole patterns that you are planning on using with the CNC. Many of these hole patterns need work. For instance, there are a number of items with hole depths set to about 1mm instead of something like 13mm. If you use Tandem slides you might want to get rid of about 30 of the extra holes.

I have personally gone through most of my hole patterns and fixed them. I also arranged mine in directories by function (hinge, slide,RTA) with sub-directories of manufacturer, then manufacturers type (like Tandem, Metabox, etc.). It makes it easier for me to find and access things.

Joe
You're right there Joe. I made a new hole pattern for the 560 series Tandems. I'm sure it would fit others but I haven't tried them. Here it is if anyone wants it.
Attachments
btandem560-5500.zip
(4.17 KiB) Downloaded 258 times