corrupted files ?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Robin Thompson

corrupted files ?

Post by Robin Thompson »

Has anyone had a problem loading a design wherein instead of the design loading the screen for \"Define new Material\" loads instead. I have several completed designs saved and when I try to load any one of these this is all that comes up. On my latest project I opened it, added a couple of details, saved and closed it. When I reopened it the design stopped loading in the middle and locked up the system. Now all my designs do the same thing. They take forever to load, in most cases they are partially formed on the screen and when I click on add details the system locks up and I have to \"END TASK\". I figured I corrupted my files somehow so I uninstalled Ecabinets and reinstalled completely. Now when I open a design the \"Define new Material\" screen pops up and in the background sits the main menu. Hope someone can assist.

Thanks Robin Thompson
Met Woodworking Enterprises.
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Robin
Do you still have any of these files that will not open? If so post one or email it to me.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

When you reinstalled eCabinets, the original materials database was loaded. Any materials you had defined prior to reinstalling (and that were used in your cabinets) will have to be redefined. The easy way to do this is click the \"Add Material\" button when the screen pops up saying the material wasn't found.
Robin Thompson

Corrupted files Solved

Post by Robin Thompson »

Thank you for the responses in regard to the Corrupted files. I redid my designs in the meantime; of course. I do not know why the system was crashing in the first place but I did eventually come to the realization that all I had to do was click on the \"Add Material\" button when it was staring me in the face. Panicked for nothing.

Thanks again
Robin
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Robin
Glad to hear everything is working fine now. If you ever have any questions feel free to email or call me.