hours of operation

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

gaynelle crofts

hours of operation

Post by gaynelle crofts »

Can anybody tell me if the operators of the training course/seminar are anwering phones on Sat. I am trying to register, the online area isn't working for me and I am trying to call them. The message I recv. tells me they are not open, but it does not say when they are open.
Also, any input to the difference in training vs. seminar. I read the list of what is covered. It sounds as though I would be covered with the 3 day, but then wonder if I am just going to be short changing myself in the longer run????
You guys are a wonderful resource, Looking forward to being a part of the group.
Gaynelle
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Gaynelle

I think the hours are Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm Eastern Time (GMT -5).

I think the big difference between the 3 and 5 day courses is that you (as a class) cut (using a CNC) and assemble a cabinet that you design in class. Someone that has attended a 5 day class can confirm or correct this.

Also, in the 3 day classes you have to bring your own laptop but Thermwood has a fully equipped classroom for the 5 day classes in Dale.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

I went to the 5 day class and yes you get to cut out a cabinet on Friday. They also cater in a pretty good lunch every day.

The main thing to consider is, how comfortable are you with e-cab now. If you are just wanting a few tricks and freshen up your skills, the 3 day class will probably be ok.

If you are green as I was, take the 5 day class, there is alot of information to absorb even in 5 days. The week will fly by and you can easily be overwelmed with information. If it where me, go for the 5 day class. You also get to tour the facility and see how the Routers are made.
gaynelle crofts

Re:

Post by gaynelle crofts »

DanEpps wrote:Gaynelle

I think the hours are Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm Eastern Time (GMT -5).

I think the big difference between the 3 and 5 day courses is that you (as a class) cut (using a CNC) and assemble a cabinet that you design in class. Someone that has attended a 5 day class can confirm or correct this.

Also, in the 3 day classes you have to bring your own laptop but Thermwood has a fully equipped classroom for the 5 day classes in Dale.
Thanks for the info.
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

I took the three day course in conjunction with the woodworking show in Vegas. I believe we were told that the material covered was the same, but the practice time was somewhat less. Of course you do not get a tour but we did get show tickets. We did design a cabinet then took it over to the show after the class was over and they cut it out for us.