Little quirk

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Little quirk

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Just a little annoying thing, can the editors that are not able to be used in each section be greyed out so they can't be clicked. At present if your in say the shelf editor and hit edgebanding you get a pop up message saying you need to be in main to use.
I get use to \"if they are not greyed then they can be used\" mentality and hit them all the time.
This message made from recycled electrons.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Hear, hear!!!

Personally, I would like to be able to go from editor-to-editor without having to go back to \"Main\" first. Most editors appear to regenerate the cabinet after adding/editing components so its not like the trip back to Main is needed to regen everything.

In fact, I would like to see the regen happen only for the parts associated with a particular editor and a \"full regen\" only when you request it (click a regen button? function key? context (right-click) menu?).
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

I can understand the complete regen, just in case what has changed is linked to something else, so that could stay, but even if you hit the button and it recognised that it needed a trip to main to regen then just do it automatically instead of getting us to do it maybe.
This message made from recycled electrons.