Ruffled Feathers!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Ruffled Feathers!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Damon Nabors »

Well ecab must be doing something right to get as many people upset about their software. I don't know how many of you out there look at Woodweb, but Kerry and Mike have gotten the pot boiling over there. (Type writer tool changer) I hate that the administrators pulled some of it off, I was enjoying the conversation. You know you are doing something right when people get worried and on the defensive.

I was making some cold calls the other day, and came upon a customer that was in the middle of a "On line Business Meating" with some Planitary type people trying to sell him on how great they are. This guy is a small one man shop that really doesn't need to spend $3,000 on entry level software. I asked him if he would be interest in some free software that would do anything that the entry level %^$@#^ software would do. He said sure. I told him about E-Cab and he had never heard of it and ordered the software right there and then. I is interested in the software and the production sharing.

By the way Kerry, I was impressed with your drawing. I would have posted over there, but they will not let me now, since it is off subject.

Keep up the good work Ecab and Thermwood.

Damon
Damon Nabors
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Ruffled Feathers!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Dean Fehribach »

I'm sorry I didn't get to read it before the censorship kicked in. I'm not a fan of topics going off on a tangent, but censorship should be a last resort. The moderators should've gotten involved before it got out of hand.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

I can't remember who all got the boot, but I know some of our guys got booted off. Seemed a little unfair.
Damon Nabors
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Ya they hit me and Kerry wrong and we hammered them, it does not make sence now, it was 28 posts and they pulled out 15 or so. Lets just say we put them in their place for running there mouth about our software and machines..Maybe I can talk them in to a unmoderated meeting in the back alley at the next IWF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

:beer: can I sit on that council as well?
Damon Nabors
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Damon,

I hate that they deleted my drawing. I thought it was pretty good so I'll post it here.
It does show that you can draw most anything that you can dream up. I chose this desk because on of the other software company features it on most all of their advertising. I wanted to know if I could do it in eCabinets. I was able to nest everything but the tapered front. I was going to try to calculate the radius and nest that too but the thread got killed.

HERE is a link to the slide show.
I hope the programmers will look at the second view in the slide show and see how messing with the Tessellation Factor makes some rendered views look really bad. (hint, hint)

Dean,

It was time for the moderators to step in as I think the original poster entered a complaint.

Kerry
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Kerry, I was enjoying the H%LL out of watching you guys go at it. I agree with you and Mike 100%.

I think I would just go back and post the picture again in the PROJECT GALLERY. Nothing they can do or say there. If anything, those yahoo's will start some crap again and get there messages pulled.
Damon Nabors
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Very nice Kerry. Did you by any chance keep tabs on your time spent?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I actually did Rick because that question always comes up in these debates.
I spent right at three hours doing the desk and then another hour nesting and creating the presentation pictures (Lightning etc.) and presentation slide show.

The desk was pretty easy as I wasn't following any dimensions. I just created it from memory.

Once I had the top geometry I just used offsets to create everything else out of display panels.

Kerry
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Kerry, could you possibly shed some light on how you made the curved wall. I have tried will little progress. I tried with a large display cube and created a tool to model it out, but it doesn't work very well. Could you possibly give me some pointers to get me going in the right path?
Damon Nabors
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

This could be a prefect opportunity to enlighten some of the users.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Kerry, you do great work!

By the way, it sure would be nice to be able to adjust the tessellation factors in the settings and preferences. I would like to see what those renderings could look like with the system tuned up.

Joe
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Let me restate my request. I know how to make a curved wall. I would like to know how to make a curved wall so that when it is taken into the parts editor, it is standing upright. I would like to see if I can put a cut pattern on it to look like raised panels, but in a curve. Or so I could make a bow front door on a cabinet.
Damon Nabors
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You mean like this Damon?

Don't ask how I did it because I don't remember. :oops: It is in an old post somewhere in the forum...I'll see if I can find it.
Attachments
Curved Panel.jpg
Curved Panel.jpg (10.17 KiB) Viewed 8637 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »