Lighting Tips & Tricks

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dan Senkiewicz

Lighting Tips & Tricks

Post by Dan Senkiewicz »

I'm not sure if the Search function is working properly but I did a search on "Lighting" but did not find much content. I have got to believe some of the gurus have posted their lighting tips on here. Any guidance would be appreciated. My room is set up but boy is the lighting terrible.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Lighting Tips & Tricks

Post by Damon Nabors »

What kind of effect are you trying to achive? Too dark? too brite?
Damon Nabors
Douglas Walters

Post by Douglas Walters »

Hi Dan,
I Read on one of the other theards that the search funtion is not working properly with the new forum yet, but should be soon.

Douglas Walters
D Walters
Wood Architects
Douglas Walters

Post by Douglas Walters »

You can follow this link http://ntc.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... 820#p31652into customer images, Latest Kitchen by Kerry Fullington who is the Master in lighting :wink: and many other aspects of the software.
He explains some of his treaks he uses for his renderings quite well.
Doug
D Walters
Wood Architects
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

First thing I do is set different shines. On ALL cabinets/furniture I always give them a shine value of 1. Since these pieces will have a natural sheen to them after finishing, this value works well for me anyways. It also deepens the color of the wood. Depending on the floor, I will also give it a shine of 4-5 to start out with.
After the shine values are set, I then play around with the light intensity. I do this last because the shine factor affects it a lot. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.