Wish for Export of Renders

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Wish for Export of Renders

Post by Chris Robinson »

This was touched on before regarding the wish to export data to other CAD programs. For me, this relates to being able to export the design into Rhino3d for incorporation into a much larger project. A customer hired me to take architectural drawings and render the entire project along with the building site. This has gone pretty well for the exterior. But I would like to eliminate any redundancy of labor with regards to the interior. The clients would like to see the house from various angles and also how light casts through windows into rooms etc. With Rhino&Flamingo, you can do this. The interior is the problem. I can easily design blocks for cabinets and there are tons of architectural blocks to render 3d objects like couches, chairs etc. The crux of my problem is showing detail in the cabinetry that I can offer with eCabs but used in the overall rendering of the entire project.

It would be beneficial to export a design or cabinets as an stl. Would this be possible? Or, am I looking at this in the correct way? It's the 3d design of the doors that is the problem.

Thanks,
Chris
Justin Melhiser

Re: Wish for Export of Renders

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Chris
We do not allow for our cabinets to be created or saved as .stl files to be laoded in to other CAD software. As far as I know the renders can only be saved as a jpeg. I will pass this post along to the programmers. The best place to post a question like this or any suggestion would be in the feedback area of eCabinet Systems. To access this area click on communications and then feedback when inside of eCabinet Systems.
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Re: Wish for Export of Renders

Post by Chris Robinson »

Justin, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. I was aware that we couldn't "export" but was inquiring if it were feasible.

Thanks,
Chris