Depth settings???

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

MarcoKnjaschewitsch

Depth settings???

Post by MarcoKnjaschewitsch »

Ok So that program worked now, only question i have in regards to this now is how to make the depth on the Z axis more or less depending on the material i Use for the program???

G90
SET WASTEBOARD=0.2550
G901
SET ZSHIFT=0.7500+WASTEBOARD
SET XSHIFT=96.0000
SET YSHIFT=48.0000

would I do with the set zShift ??? To make it less?? would writing

SET ZSHIFT=0.6300+WASTEBOARD for say 16mm material?
Pete Riddle

Re: Depth settings???

Post by Pete Riddle »

MarcoKnjaschewitsch wrote:
would I do with the set zShift ??? To make it less?? would writing

SET ZSHIFT=0.6300+WASTEBOARD for say 16mm material?
Marco,

By adjusting the "SET ZSHIFT" value up or down, you will be raising or lowering the Z0 location for machine reference. This will NOT change the programmed plunge depths in your program, it will only change the point at which they are referenced from.

So, if your original ZSHIFT value was .75 (telling the machine to shift the Zaxis 0 point UP .75 inches) your cut through depths will be set to -.75. If you change your ZSHIFT value to .63, it will shift the 0 point to .63 the above zero, but it will not change your original cut through depths of -.75. This will cause you to cut into your TABLE/WASTEBOARD .12".

If you ar still having problems with this you can find mor einformation in the 91000 Supercontrol manual or call us here at Thermwood. If you haven't been thorugh basic machine progamming training I would highly recommend that as well.

Thanks,