File Conversions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dan Senkiewicz

File Conversions

Post by Dan Senkiewicz »

Hey Gurus - I'm sure this has been asked before however with search down I'm kinda flying blind.

I noticed that some folks have converted files with a package called Accutrans. I am trying to convert some of the Kohler (DXF?) files. Not exactly sure about all the jargon in the dialog boxes but if I open the file and do a "Save As" I can produce a .stl (ASCII or Binary) file however they won't work. Any tips or links would be appreciated.

Here is my first client project utilizing eCabinet Systems - still has a lot of work left (mostly learning curve) but I won't be settling in on this gig till after the New Year's. Gives me plenty of time to find the right object files (faucets, towel rings, tile, textures, etc) that correspond with the client's taste. Any pointers on this would be appreciated.

Things are getting easier after only a couple of weeks of trial/error (and reading this forum).

...>Dan
Attachments
Projection thru Shower Wall small.jpg
Projection thru Shower Wall small.jpg (186.06 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
Projection thru Exterior Wall small.jpg
Projection thru Exterior Wall small.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
Plan View small.jpg
Plan View small.jpg (65.22 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
Justin Melhiser

Re: File Conversions

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Dan

If you have a file format of a .stl you can load that in the display part editor. Once you have it loaded in the display part editor you can save the file as a hsf file. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to contact me.
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

First, you want to use the Binary format. What do you mean by they won't work? Just trying to figure out if the issue is with AccuTrans settings or not knowing how to import an STL into eCabs.
Dan Senkiewicz

Post by Dan Senkiewicz »

Thanks Justin - that helped out. I was confusing Display Part Editor with Part Editor so no wonder I was a bit lost...Dan