On removing your posts.........
Classy move.
Merry Christmas
regards,
FredHirsch

Re: Advice on Tall Cabinetry

Post by FredHirsch »

Vince,
I did a tall cab... once. A one pc for a walk in closet in a master bedroom. The cabinet fit beautifully in the closet, unfortunately it didn't fit through the closet door. Fortunately, these were some friends of ours and out came the skill saw on their back porch, hacked 1" off the kick :oops: and three of us twisted and muscled that cab in there. They were still very happy, but never again will I do a 1 pc again. We do store fixtures where normally you have huge loading docks and plenty of room to move around. We don't do any residential and this was a job for a friend, it never even occured to me check ingress. :lol:
Embarassed Fred
Fred Hirsch
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Merry Christmas everyone!

Great suggestion, Kerry, to use a molding between boxes. It seems to me it would work nicely and make a unique installation with either framed or frameless cabinets. I like ideas like this as I'm not trying to follow someones declared "standard" but rather separate myself from the "norm". Oh my goodness, I just realized I might be looking at things with a bit of an OPEN MIND...... And it didn't hurt a bit.

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dale,
Kerry is right about the moulding. However, I apply a trim board across the joint instead of in it. This conceals any mis-alignments caused by floors or walls as the cabs are joined together. Either way, it is an opportunity to add some architectural elements to make the assembly more interesting to look at.
Merry Christmas to all!
regards,
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

I'll be installing a kitchen next week with two two-stacks and one three-stack, no intermediate moldings, 3mm margins everywhere.

Details similar to what the original poster showed. I'll post some photos of assembly details, plus some of the finished elevations.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I have moved my post Here to keep from leading this thread further astray.

Kerry