WOODWEB

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

WOODWEB

Post by Damon Nabors »

Has anyone noticed that on woodweb, if you have a positive comment about Thermwood or Ecab's, that your post will get JERKED off? I read a post this morning about someone asking a question regarding Ecabinets and how to place the faceframe on a blind corner cab. I suggested that he ask the question on E-Cabinets forum to save him some grief with the anti-ecabinets people. I didn't say it in those exact words but basically just suggested this forum. They pulled it off. I guess they have me on thier radar, I have noticed that if I even mention Thermwood or Ecabinets, I get pulled.

I responded to a Which CNC to Buy question and posted my favorite response and it got pulled too:

Buy American Made.

I was just currious if it was just me?
Attachments
AMERICAN MADE (2).JPG
AMERICAN MADE (2).JPG (131.54 KiB) Viewed 7309 times
Damon Nabors
FredHirsch

Re: WOODWEB

Post by FredHirsch »

Damon,
I've tried to post once over there regarding a edgebander and an issue we were having and the post was removed pretty quickly. Because of the problem I had to mention the brand and part... it seems more and more the good information is getting harder and harder to find over there. I believe they are painting themselves into a corner of mediocrity (in information) when it comes to specifics on equipment or software. It seems they are trying not to offend any of the manufacturers. I hardly frequent there any more. I find a good heated debate very enlightening for all parties involved as long as everyone keeps professional about it without the name calling and childish emotions.
Fred
Fred Hirsch
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

FredHirsch wrote:Damon,
I've tried to post once over there regarding a edgebander and an issue we were having and the post was removed pretty quickly. Because of the problem I had to mention the brand and part... it seems more and more the good information is getting harder and harder to find over there. I believe they are painting themselves into a corner of mediocrity (in information) when it comes to specifics on equipment or software. It seems they are trying not to offend any of the manufacturers. I hardly frequent there any more. I find a good heated debate very enlightening for all parties involved as long as everyone keeps professional about it without the name calling and childish emotions.
Fred
It could be because they have forum rules similar to this one Fred:
forum rules.jpg
forum rules.jpg (89.3 KiB) Viewed 7281 times
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

but Dan, I understand the rules. What I am saying is, everyone over there talks about how great thier machine is and how great thier software is, and the first time someone mentions Thermwood or Ecabs, the B.S. gets started.

What is wrong in suggesting that someone visit Ecab systems forum if they have a particular question regarding ecabinets.

Quote from WOODWEB:
ecab blind corner faced cab
12/24
Voodstoc Member

I got my ecab software and I think I am getting the hang of it rather quick, but the more I figure out how to do, the more I want to do. This is really going to make presentations and bids easier and more professional!
I want to create a blind corner cabinet where the faceframe ends 1.5" behind where the cabinet is covered (by the cabinet butting into it), but the deck, back, nailer go to the end panel. Does this make sense?
I can make each peice and put it in, but when I change the lengths of the faced end of the cab (for different plans) I don't want to have to remake these components if I don't have to. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks in advance.
END QUOTE:

It just seems to me that the censorship is one sided. I sent in a letter to the webmaster regarding this issue and have not gotten any response. It is kind of like the other day when Kerry and Mike voiced thier opinions over there and out of the 31 responses, I think only 13 where left. The ones that got pulled, mostly belonged to Kerry and Mike.

I guess one thing did happen, the other guy posted basically the same thing and got his response on there.

I guess it is like TV and Radio, if you don't like it, turn the channel.
Damon Nabors
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Dan,
I totally agree with that rule here on the THM boards. On one hand you have a manufacturer's forum and on the other you have a forum whose tagline is "Woodworking Industry Information" and runs advertising for many of the manufacturers and includes "Woodworking Machinery Finder". I've always thought of them as a good independent forum where discussions on techiniques and equipment and problem solving could be found. My question on the pc of equipment was very specific, without opinion and if anyone else had ideas or settings or ideas on my situation. I believe these to be two very different forums.
Fred
Fred Hirsch
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Oh, don't get me wrong...I agree with both of you. WoodWeb is "supposed" to be independent and this is a manufacturer's forum for discussing their own products, thus the rules are appropriate. Unfortunately, like many forums (and radio/TV stations), WoodWeb has chosen to present their views in a biased manner and shield their members from anything that is counter to their view.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I like the WoodWeb forums for the most part. I do get a kick out of the posters who use aliases (like gator) and tell how their software is the good stuff and all others are not. It make me wonder if they are shills for the software they are touting, or if they have convinced themselves that since they have spent vast sums of money on their software they must justify it to the world. There are certainly a number of other fine cabinet design programs out there, but I am personally fond of eCabs. I have certainly had enough nasty comments directed at me for suggesting that eCabs could do what their software could.

I did notice that when I went to the web site of another major Cabinet design softWare that they were talking about there latest update and many of the upgrades they mentioned have been available in eCabs for quite a while - like cut listing drawer boxes and placing pulls where ever you want them. And now you can get their software to give you a photo realistic rendering - if you pay extra of course... I guess that eCabs software is really starting to be the leader of the pack!

Joe
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Joe Dusel wrote:I like the WoodWeb forums for the most part. I do get a kick out of the posters who use aliases (like gator) and tell how their software is the good stuff and all others are not. It make me wonder if they are shills for the software they are touting, or if they have convinced themselves that since they have spent vast sums of money on their software they must justify it to the world. There are certainly a number of other fine cabinet design programs out there, but I am personally fond of eCabs. I have certainly had enough nasty comments directed at me for suggesting that eCabs could do what their software could.

I did notice that when I went to the web site of another major Cabinet design softWare that
they were talking about there latest update and many of the upgrades they mentioned have been available in eCabs for quite a while - like cut listing drawer boxes and placing pulls where ever you want them. And now you can get their software to give you a photo realistic rendering - if you pay extra of course... I guess that eCabs software is really starting to be the leader of the pack!
Joe
Funny you should mention that Joe, when I was in Orlando, I spoke with a rep of another software co while out having a smoke & he said theirs have all these different versions/updates/cost to do different things. I almost started to laugh only because eCab does all the items he mentioned. I invited him to the Thermwood booth for a demo and show him what eCab can do, naturally he declined. :shock: :joker:
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.