Texture Matching of counter top

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Patrick Russell

Texture Matching of counter top

Post by Patrick Russell »

I can't seem to get it to work. I place a display cube in my layout, highlight the counter top, right click on mouse to edit object and click on texture match and click on display cube and nothing would change. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Texture Matching of counter top

Post by Damon Nabors »

Patrick,from the detail room editor DBL CLICK the counter top that you want to change, It should turn green, then RT CLICK, choose COUNTERTOPS, then choose EDIT COUNTERTOPS, the screen should pop up and allow you to update your texture to a new texture.
Damon Nabors
Patrick Russell

Post by Patrick Russell »

Thanks Damon,

That worked great. I'm finding the printed manual isn't up to date w/ the software.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

I can't say for sure, but I would tend to agree that the manual is a little behind the updates. I don't know how all that part of the equation works but I am sure someone here can tell us one way or the other.

I have found the best solution for a problem is to post the question and someone will be glad to help you out.
Damon Nabors
Joseph Fusco

Post by Joseph Fusco »

Patrick,

The manual refers to the way you used to have to change countertops. They used to be made with display cubes and you'd use the standard procedure to change its texture. With the new/er countertop editor you need to change counters made there within that editor. Funny thing is if you have a kitchen design with both types like I do, most times you sit there and click few and times trying to change the counters that are made in the editor and realize Dah. . . :wall: