Sink Install

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Sink Install

Post by tim lucas »

I am having problems trying to put the sink in my counter top. :( When I move it to the cabinet - the sink looks like it goes under the top ? What am I doing wrong ? I only have Base cabinets in the room at this time.

Thanks
Tim
install sink.jpg
install sink.jpg (37.58 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Sink Install

Post by Damon Nabors »

Tim, hi- light the sink by clicking on it, then move your mouse above the sink wall untill the wall turns yellow, RT Click and choose Associate to Wall. Now you can DBL Click that wall and go to elevation view and raise that sink up level with your countertops. Go Back to Detail Room and move it over your counter top and line it up like you want it. Now the fun part :D , Click on your counter top and take it to the parts editor. After you are in the parts editor, you will need to cut a hole in your counter top. Look up at the tool bar for the Rectangle and place a Rectangle where you want the sink cut out. Now click the Select Arrow and Dbl click your Rectangle, it should turn red. Now Rt click and choose cut/pocket use Geometric shape, then click cut through. Now the Sink cut out should be in your counter top. Hit return and Hope that you got the sink cut out in the correct place. :lol:
Damon Nabors
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Tim, one other thing that might help, after you have your sink over the cabinet in detail room, dbl click the sink and look over toward the left at the positions table. This will help give you some idea how far off the wall you are, so you can get that rectangle positioned correctly.
Damon Nabors
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

Well that sounds easy :roll: I give it a try :mrgreen: Thanks again for your help - I have to tell ya that if the price of this software dont sell ya - the help yall provide in the forms will :beer:

Thanks
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Joseph Fusco

Post by Joseph Fusco »

Tim,

Believe it or not this task is one of the most arduous to perform in eCabinets. You would think that you could just place the sink where you'd like it and "then" cut the hole for it. Nope, it's going to take some practice in laying out that rectangle to get it in the right spot and than moving the sink around as well.

A good wish list item might be a simple function that you place the sink and the software cuts the hole in the top. Sounds like a good plan to me :D