Creating end panels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Stefan Vervloet

Creating end panels

Postby Stefan Vervloet » Wed, Jan 02 2008, 11:35AM

I see that some people, in my specific case Kerry, use end panels to finish the sides of visible wall or base cabinets. When hovering over the different parts in his layouts, I noticed that these end panels are considered actual individual cabinets by ecabinet systems.
I don’t have a clue how to start this type of “cabinet” in the cabinet editor. As soon as I set any of the dimensions close to or at zero, my cabinet no longer exists :(
Can anyone put me on the right track to create these end panels as cabinets?

Stefan

Justin Melhiser

Re: Creating end panels

Postby Justin Melhiser » Wed, Jan 02 2008, 1:17PM

Stefan
When you have your cabinets layed out in a room, double click on the cabinet you want to place the end on. Right click and go to adjust cabinet features, then click on cabinet end. This is where you place an end to a cabinet. You can select which side to place the end on, what kind of material and any insets that you will want.If you have any questions feel free to call or email me.

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Postby Kerry Fullington » Wed, Jan 02 2008, 1:45PM

Stefan,

Those are just cabinets with everything but the face frame removed. You must make your cabinet at least the depth of your face frame material. I usually build mine as one inch deep. You can create assemblies in the cabinet editor to attach your ends or place them Free Style in custom layout.

Kerry

Stefan Vervloet

Postby Stefan Vervloet » Wed, Jan 02 2008, 3:50PM

I did find the option before to attach panels in the custom layout (if it’s not a catalog cabinet). I thought the way Kerry does it gives more flexibility.
My problem was that I work frameless,… When I remove the sides of the cabinet there was nothing left. With face frames I can keep the frame and build the end panel only.
I see advantages either way depending on the layout.

Thanks!!

Stefan

Joseph Fusco

Postby Joseph Fusco » Wed, Jan 02 2008, 4:21PM

Stefan,

You can accomplish the same effect by making the sides, deck and top about 1/16" thick for frameless cabinets.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”