Problem placing cabinets in rooms

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Brian Widiker

Problem placing cabinets in rooms

Postby Brian Widiker » Fri, Jan 04 2008, 12:19AM

Hello

I am starting to create a room layout. When I try to place corner cabinets in the corners with the mouse or with the arrow keys, the cabinets bounce off of the wall. When I do get the cabinet close, it looks like it is in the wall, and when I place a second cabinet next to it, the face frames won't line up. The same thing happens while placing two regular wall cabinets next to each other, while placing the second cabinet it bounces off of the first one or won't get within a few inches of the other cabinet.

Thanks
Brian

P.S. Is there anything in the works as far as an update for the e-cabinets made easy manual? It would be easier to learn with a manual that matched the program.
Brian

Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Problem placing cabinets in rooms

Postby Wally Schneeberger » Fri, Jan 04 2008, 12:23AM

Right click when placing and choose FREEHAND then use the SHIFT with the ARROW keys to place your cab. Make sure you highlight your cab and ASSOCIATE TO WALL before you try an elevation.

Joseph Fusco

Postby Joseph Fusco » Fri, Jan 04 2008, 10:11AM

Brian,

You might just try setting the Insert mode to "align to back". The corner cabinet should then just "snap" into the corner. You should start with all your cabinets that way then change them as needed. :D

Dennis Englert

Postby Dennis Englert » Fri, Jan 04 2008, 3:40PM

You will have similar issues placing a cabinet if the walls are not square.

Brian Widiker

Postby Brian Widiker » Fri, Jan 04 2008, 4:50PM

Hello

Thanks everyone for your responses. I tried them all and it still did it. It looked like the walls were square (when I used the cross-hair as a carpenters square). I guess they weren't. I made a new room using the square tool, and the cabinets worked just fine.

:beer:
Brian
Brian

Dennis Englert

Postby Dennis Englert » Mon, Jan 07 2008, 8:30AM

Brian,
When walls are drawn one wall at a time, you'll need to invoke the "Ortho" option from the right-click menu or press the "F8" function key. This function restricts the drawing of a wall to either a horizontal or vertical direction. You can also check the angle of the walls by left-clicking on the wall, then left-click on one of the blue dots or endpoints of the wall. On the left-side menu there will be a description of the length of the wall as well as the angle.
Dennis

Brian Widiker

Postby Brian Widiker » Tue, Jan 08 2008, 12:01AM

Dennis
Thanks for the information .When i get a chance i'll try it out.

Thanks For Everyones Imput
Brian

O SO MUCH TO LEARN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
Brian

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Paul Ford » Tue, Jan 08 2008, 6:53PM

Also make sure you draw your walls in a clockwise motion. When you draw your walls you should see an arrow pointing to the "Face" side of the wall, then when you go into the detail room area you should see a pink line around the inside of the wall where the cabinets are to be places.
wall editor.jpg
Something like this...
wall editor.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 6542 times

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”