Another Wish- Since we are in the wishing mood

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dan Senkiewicz

Re: Another Wish- Since we are in the wishing mood

Post by Dan Senkiewicz »

Well in the 1/2 hour since my last post my client wants to enlarge the piece by 6" which seems to me that I'll need to create a new counterop and diddle around with cutout circles once again. I don't suppose there is a smarter approach to this...
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dan,
For the 33x22 Sinks and similar I created a 36X25X1 1/2 display cube and opened it in the Part Editor then took it into Contour. There I drew lines to place the cutout for this sink where it would be in this cube if the cube were a counter top. I used the fillet tool to give the corners a 1 1/2" round-over to ease the corners.

I then saved that geometry by clicking the save icon and gave it the name of the sink it was the cutout for. You can then erase all the lines and do another size cutout for another sink and save it.

For the 43x22 sink I used a 48" x 25" display cube and did the same thing.

Now if you use my suggestion of creating a counter top for just your sank base you can highlight that top in Detail Room and right click and choose part editor and that top will be opened in the part editor where you can go to contour and open the appropriate sink cutout geometry and it will show on your counter top. You can then use select all to select the geometry and the move tool to move it around on your top till it is placed properly. Next exit contour and right click and choose. Cut/Pocket using closed contour to cut out the hole.

Kerry
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Dang,leave the shop for 12 hours and see what you miss! :shock: :shock: :shock:
I agree with Dean, plenty of this baloney on the other sites...Even though I cant resist at times.
Gene, I agree that e-cabs can be improved, and it is being worked on, you just need to adjust your tone and approach it differently or your going to get left out in the cold one of these days. If your other cut shop and software was working so great, why would you change? As I have asked before, do we need to call the police for you? No one is impressed or cares to look at your other software pictures, this is e-cabs forum.
This forum is for getting help, providing help, and adding suggestions for improvement to E-Cabs. For some reason your approach just does not set well with many of us.
Qualified responder,
have cut hundreds and hundreds of kitchens and many other unique projects with my e-cabs and little old cs45 router.

DAMON, I warned you about them dang PAYMENTS :o :o :o
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

What!!!! You have to pay for the router? Gee,I was under the impression that we got that for free too. Guess I can stop standing around at the mailbox now. :joker:
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Michael S Murray wrote:<<snip>>you just need to adjust your tone and approach it differently or your going to get left out in the cold one of these days. If your other cut shop and software was working so great, why would you change? As I have asked before, do we need to call the police for you? No one is impressed or cares to look at your other software pictures<<snip>>
This is the kind of tone to which I earlier referred. Direct attacks on forum members will not be tolerated.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64