HELP AGAIN

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

gaynelle crofts

HELP AGAIN

Postby gaynelle crofts » Wed, Jan 09 2008, 5:53PM

Hi all,
Need help again.
I am trying to put cathedral doors on a cabinet. I selected a door from the standard door selections. (I only changed material, I did not change any profiles or anything else). When I try to add the doors to my cabinet I get an error message that says " cannot create the arc of specified dimension on top rail"
I have tried to change my face frame settings on the top rail, I have even turned face frames off. I do not see where I can change the top rail setting for the door itself. Why would it not fit right if I am selecting a standard door??? Can you help?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Gaynelle

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: HELP AGAIN

Postby DanEpps » Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:12PM

What door are you using? Did you select "build in-house" or "alternate source" for it?

gaynelle crofts

Postby gaynelle crofts » Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:01AM

I have actually tried all the cathedral doors in both Thermwood and Conestoga, and I tried selecting both in house and other source. Although, I cannot say for sure I tried every combination with all doors. I will though.

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Postby DanEpps » Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:24AM

Post the cabinet (.hsf file) that you are working with and I'll take a look at it.

Vince Lisanti

Postby Vince Lisanti » Thu, Jan 10 2008, 10:09AM

Another thing to consider is the size of the door you are trying to place. I am not sure if this is your situation, but if the door falls under minimum width requirements you will get a popup that says it cannot be done.

Good Luck

Vince

CCS woodworks inc.
Dell Precision M4800
Intel(r) core(tm) i7-4800mq cpu @ 2.70ghz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K 2100M
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit

Joseph Fusco

Postby Joseph Fusco » Thu, Jan 10 2008, 12:28PM

You most likely are trying to put it on a narrow door and just like Vince said, narrow doors will get the pop up.

gaynelle crofts

Postby gaynelle crofts » Fri, Jan 11 2008, 2:26PM

Hi Dan,
sorry it took so long. I lost internet for a few days. I hope I have attached the correct file correctly. Let me know what you find.
Thanks again.
Gaynelle
p.s.To respond to other possibility of trying to add a narrow door.
the cabinet is 7' wide. If anything maybe too wide??? I have tried adding double door and single. Get the same message. The thing is, this is the 2nd time I have created this same cabinet. One I did prior to taking the class in Dale, that one had doors and I didn't have any problems. This one I started over after I took the course and now I am having problems. Should never have deleted the other file... :roll:
Attachments
ridfeassembly.hsf
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

Walker T Scott

Postby Walker T Scott » Fri, Jan 11 2008, 3:10PM

Gaynelle

Do you have this cabinet saved in generations? If so could you post an earlier version of it? Also could you give steeps to how you created this cabinet?
Thanks
Walker

gaynelle crofts

Postby gaynelle crofts » Fri, Jan 11 2008, 3:26PM

HI,
Sorry, I have not a clue what "generations" is. If you are referring to the 1st file I did that the doors worked on, no. I do not have it. It was even on a completely different computer I cannot get to right now.
If it is something to do with this file, just tell me how and I will do it.
thanks
I created this file from a standard base frameless cab. I changed size, then went it to add shelving and a partition. Once I started having probs. with the doors, I started messing with face frames and deleting shelves and partitions. Now, here I am.
Cheers!!
Gaynelle

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”