Emailing renderings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Neal Reeves

Emailing renderings

Post by Neal Reeves »

Is there any way that I can render drawings on ecabinets and then email the renderings to my customer so that I wouldn't have to print them, scan them, and then send them?
Thanks, Neal
Neal Reeves
Country Cabinets, Inc.
Bonifay, FL
Dickey Beckham

Re: Emailing renderings

Post by Dickey Beckham »

Neal after the rendering is done press the JPG button this will save a photo of you rendering to a file or folder then when
sending them a email just attach that file. you may want to make a new folder for saving the Photo to be emailed.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

After you save the rendering in a JPG image file from the Presentation Manager you can open this up with the built in image editor, IrfanView. This will allow you to crop the picture to remove anything you don't want in it, and then you can resize it as well. This will give you a much more professional looking rendering to present to your client. The client will then forward it to other cabinet makers to get the best price. :|

Joe
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You can also use something like PrimoPDF to put your images into a single PDF file that the customer can page through. PrimoPDF is free and installs as a printer so you just print to it.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Hey Dan,

I've had some clients say that they had a hard time viewing the .jpg's. Is there a preffered size that emails best for viewing?

Brian
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Brian Shannon wrote:Hey Dan,

I've had some clients say that they had a hard time viewing the .jpg's. Is there a preffered size that emails best for viewing?

Brian
I email renderings all the time and if someone has a problem viewing them I just tell them to print them out so they can have them to look at all the time. They don't seem to mind and I don't have to make trips to them to deliver a change or mod in the plans and it saves on my ink too.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Brian Shannon wrote:Hey Dan,

Brian
The size doesn't matter unless it is larger than the user's email account allows. In that case you would get a size rejection notice from the email server.

Most likely you are dealing with someone like my brother-in-law who, no matter how many times I show him how, just can't open an email attachment. :wink:

The latest version of PrimoPDF (3.2) allows you to append files to an existing PDF. Using that feature you could have a stock PDF with your company's logo and some "about us" information. Copy it then start appending your renderings, line drawings and quote to it and you have a single-file package that will set you apart from other bidders.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I personally like to size the JPGs that I send out so they are no more than about 700 pixels wide.

Joe
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Joe Dusel wrote: The client will then forward it to other cabinet makers to get the best price. :|

Joe
Joe, that is exactly what I was thinking, I have had problems in the past with customers taking the drawings that I just spent 5 to 10 hours working on and then go to "Big Box Store" and get a price on some prefab cabinets that are lower in price and quality. I have started meeting with my customers and doing a presentation on my laptop and when asked if they can have pictures and drawings, I just tell them sure, they start at $350.00 which is refundable at the time you sign the contract and make your deposit. Most customers do not have a problem with that. I also like to do the presentation with the laptop because I can make any adjustments right there and when they like it, I pull out the pen, contract, and collect the deposit.
Damon Nabors
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

One thing you can do with PrimoPDF is make the document so that it cannot be printed. That stops them from taking it somewhere else to shop prices. You can also set it so that it can't be edited or text and graphics cannot be copied from it as well as encrypt the file and password protect it.