Drawing tray ceiling

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Wiley

Drawing tray ceiling

Post by Dave Wiley »

Hello all, :D
I think this is a relatively easy process, but with my minimal use of the program, I'd like to verify.

I have a project coming up with an 8'6" ceiling around the perimeter of the room out to 4'. At that point it goes up to 9'6". I think I found the solution in the wall editor this a.m. but have not tried it.

Can I just define and remove the perimeter tray blocks with the block tool from the corners and go from there??

Thanks,
Dave
Todd Miller

Re: Drawing tray ceiling

Post by Todd Miller »

Dave Wiley wrote:Hello all, :D
I think this is a relatively easy process, but with my minimal use of the program, I'd like to verify.

I have a project coming up with an 8'6" ceiling around the perimeter of the room out to 4'. At that point it goes up to 9'6". I think I found the solution in the wall editor this a.m. but have not tried it.

Can I just define and remove the perimeter tray blocks with the block tool from the corners and go from there??

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,
Open the cabinet editor and load an item
create a display cube the length and width of the room with a 13" thickness.
Then take that part into the part editor, then into the contour mode.
Next right click, and Create edges and offset them in 48" or 4'.
Next, go "out the door" back into the part editor and rightclick> select, create pocket using closed contour. Cut to a specified depth of 12"
Save as an esa or assembly file.
goto the Layout editor, select "detail room" and load that assembly into the room.

Note: You may have to rotate the item to make it look correct.
Also, you may want to associate it to a wall. Then got show wall elevation to raise or lower the ceiling.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to call.